• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nerubian Worker

@Kyrbi0 requested a nerubian worker based on the normal nerubian creep model, so I created this. Unlike my previous worker models, the animations of this one aren't only transferred, but also edited by me to remove clippings.
Please give credit if you use this.

Update 1: Added footprints to Walk Gold and Lumber.
Contents

NerubianWorker (Model)

NerubianWorker_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A useful model edit with added animations. Works in-game and performs well.
there's some gaps in what i could call 'crotch' of the model :b
edit: and it looks like there are some gaps on one, or both shoulder-areas

lookin' neat tho. but what i should suggest is them carrying that gold and lumber in a different way, because the usual 'over the shoulders' method looks odd to me.. an alternate that i could suggest is carrying it rested over the forearm and supported by their chest/hand

edit 2: and still those darn fingers on a hand that carries stuff xD it looks like its constantly loosing grip and picking it back up

Last edited:
Level 15
Update: Fixed the armpit gaps.
there's some gaps in what i could call 'crotch' of the model :b
edit: and it looks like there are some gaps on one, or both shoulder-areas

lookin' neat tho. but what i should suggest is them carrying that gold and lumber in a different way, because the usual 'over the shoulders' method looks odd to me.. an alternate that i could suggest is carrying it rested over the forearm and supported by their chest/hand

edit 2: and still those darn fingers on a hand that carries stuff xD it looks like its constantly loosing grip and picking it back up
Fixed the armpit gaps. The ones at the crotch are made in Blizzard and appear in the base model too, as they didn't bother with hind and bottom areas of their models that aren't seen in-game. I tried to fix it, but even after snapping the leg's seams the gaps still appear in animations.

I don't plan changing the carrying animations, it requires so much work to change something that already exists and works, and I don't have much experience in animation. Also, I don't think carrying at the chest would be viable, both at the model level and at the in-game level (players should always be able to see what workers are carrying, and carrying over the shoulders is much more obvious).

When it comes to fingers, I tried to deanimate them by not importing the animations to the finger bones, but failed, as the animation was found in the helpers. Do you know a way how to deanimate the fingers without changing fingers' position to be the same in every keyframe of every animation, or deleting all the edited animations and reimporting and editing them again?

Level 4
Wow! There is this model what i looking for! Matis WoW version cool too, but not suitable if used with classic(Wacraft 3) nerubians models.

Level 15
Update: Fingers carrying the gold are no longer moving around and letting go of gold; also removed the hitches during certain animations.
@Alok well.. its alright then..

as for the hands in the animation.. I'm afraid that you'll have to edit every frame in those carrying animations.. or try to edit the code of the model, but that is equally fiddly as editing the animations.. but, you'll just have to still that hand
Managed to fix the fingers by importing empty gold carrying animations to the base nerubian, and then importing the empty movement data from the finger bones in those animations into this nerubian worker's gold carrying animations.

Level 11
Nerubian Worker
While it is indeed useful for custom race maps involving our Nerubian overlords I can't help but feel disappointed that there is no extra creativity put in to this model to give it some kind of personality, instead we have the standard worker animations which as I previously said are indeed useful but one could wonder what would this model be if the animations were a bit different, expressing something and bringing something new to the board.
Not to mention that there isn't much to differentiate it from the other Nerubian spiderlings warriors and weavers.

Nonetheless do not feel any shame, you are doing many people a service by making these obscure worker units that many people ignore in favour of the more "popular" races.

Level 15
Nerubian Worker
While it is indeed useful for custom race maps involving our Nerubian overlords I can't help but feel disappointed that there is no extra creativity put in to this model to give it some kind of personality, instead we have the standard worker animations which as I previously said are indeed useful but one could wonder what would this model be if the animations were a bit different, expressing something and bringing something new to the board.
Not to mention that there isn't much to differentiate it from the other Nerubian spiderlings warriors and weavers.

Nonetheless do not feel any shame, you are doing many people a service by making these obscure worker units that many people ignore in favour of the more "popular" races.
You have MatiS's model if you want something different: Nerubian Worker