• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Nerubian Race - Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
From left to right:

Harvester, Fiend, Hunter, Striker, Stinger, Widow, Defiler, Hulsk, Seeker, Broodlord, Dragoon and the Queen out front

More on abilities and functions soon.

Attachments

• bugs.JPG
    bugs.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 223
This is fairly close to what I think the final version will be. In closed play testing it's been a tremendous success.

Few things:

-There are command icons and UI sounds I have yet to replace.
-This in not an easy race to play, you are about numbers and micro.
-I know the birth animations are messed up, they are triggered and I haven't worked it out yet. If you have suggestions on specific triggers please post them.
-There are three beginning strategies: use initial lumber to hatch more harvesters, attack with weak units on creeps and use the progenerate ability, or rush an enemy with Beasts and disrupt their economy gathering harvesters from there as well.
-There is no reason to have a "main" base, your structures are cheap and build fast and can be built on any terrain. Do not bottle yourself up.
-The Broodlord is your most important unit at tech 2 and 3. Learn to make use of him.

Attachments

• (9)FloodedRoundVillagep.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 87
Level 21
I have to ask. Why does the first melee unit have medium armor and piercing attack?

I still think that Seed lack real tank unit because Husk is more like heavy siege unit.

This is for now but more important problem that map crashed in middle of game so I didn't have time to see more.

Level 21
No I meant how did I play it when I have 1.23? (maybe that's why it crashed?)

I think that tree regrow crashes. I used cheats to make giant army and had at least 15 of everything and fighting was alright. And also I kept tree bugs away from trees so it wouldn't be restored.

And please bests (first melee) need normal attack and heavy armor. Who needs melee unit that are best countered with any melee and are best for attacking spellcasters which come out very late in game (and even then are useless because some spelcasters have medium armor).

Last edited:
Okay, i found a permanent stun

i am seed with my brother, we are playing in garena with other players
i mass dragoons (100+) and attacked the read orc's base (hero is thrall)
Then while simultenously attacking and defending, i found a dragoon stunned. So i continue defending (about 5 minutes more) , when i returned to the red's base, its still stunned!
I dont know who stunned and unfortunately, i didn't captured a screenie

Ok here is the next beta update. I need some suggestions for where this race should go. The idea here is to produce a lot of the weaker units. Your race is on the fringe of overpowered in tier 1, but begin to be less of a threat as the other races tech.

Additions:
Mage and Death Knight starting abilities are new and deal more with Seed mass units.
Demolition Squad and Sappers have Firewall and Land Mine, again for Seed.

Orc have a new tower and humans have a optional replacement for the ballista, make sure you read the differences.

Also the spire does nothing, suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.