• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Neo-Earth RPG Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, newbie here. I just want some feedback regarding my first serious project. The name of the map itself is still temporary and may be changed some time soon.

Anyway, here's a few info on what to find in this map.

Genre: RPG
Hero Max Level: 99

You first start as nameless spirits trapped in an ancient crypt where a mysterious entity calls upon you to read the tome of remembering. Once you "read" (activate) the tome you are teleported in another ancient place, this time a passageway, where at the end you find two graves. This two graves is where you select your hero, with the distinction of good and evil based on which grave they belong.

The Grave of Good Heroes contain:

King of Knights
Gunslinger
Tornado Disciple
Sword Master
Flame Invoker

The Grave of Evil Heroes contain:

Fallen King of Knights
Vampire King
Executioner
Blade Master
Kunoichi

Even though there is the alignment of good and evil, everyone is still allied in this as of now.

----------------------------

Note: Sorry as there are no quests yet, but the main quest line is still being worked on. And you might probably notice that almost all heroes are female, but I shall balance that soon. I just hope no chauvinists here get upset because of this, it's just that it seems that female characters are fun to make if you know what I mean. And then there's the issue of mass reuse of GUI triggers, but please take me into consideration as I am still a newbie in map making and am not that good (and haven't got the slightest idea) at JASS.

*Edit*

And Oh I also would like to thank the generous people at the resources section such a Paladon for the really helpful knockback triggers and Black Stan for his very clean and awesome models.

Attachments

• RPG.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 2
Test 1.1

*Edits*

Nerfed all character stats
Added "Item Give" trigger to enemy heroes
Added more shops
Added recruitable mercenaries
Fixed some of the animations and some of the skills for Vampire King. *Thank you Wormskull for the awesome dreadlord skin!*

Feedback please.

Attachments

• RPG.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 89
Level 14
Hmm sounds good, i will test it...
Can't play it via battle.net, it says it needs 2 teams. . .
And while looking at editor, i have to say that the terrain needs some improvement D:. The starting terrain (hero selection was fine though)
Wisps Blink says ''Tool tip missing''
The book says ''Reveals the map for 5 seconds''
I can buy 4 heroes!
After selecting a hero, where do i go?! Nothing happens...
What does the Blademaster's wisp do? It only has blink... Also with the other heroes.
Dark Excalibur can be targeted to allies.
The order of the spells is strange, i cant know which is the ultimate.

Well it can become good, it just needs some fixes.

Level 2
Uh yeah. Anyway I took away some hero limit restrictions so that you can test out diff. heroes at the same time. Also the wisps serve as portable hp/mp regeneration fountains.

so what needs fixing are:
Hero limit
Teams
Skill Order
Terrain re-designing

I think it was said in game that the grave stones are gateways. And about Dark Excalibur, well she is evil right? Lol

*goes back to fixing*

Status
Not open for further replies.