• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Mapping] Negative WorldEdit Values in Object Editor

Level 4
Not sure why we don't have this tutorial yet. Well anyways, I'm sure some of you are wondering how to use negative values in the Object Editor! Here is how:

[FILE]->[PREFERENCES]->[GENERAL]->[X]Allow Negative Values

Also, some abilities still won't allow negative values (such as item health regeneration and most other item-based abilities) for that you must do the following:

1) Bring up the Ability you wish to modify
2) Hold down SHIFT
3) Double click the value you wish to be negative.

Any problems? Let me know!

Well thats fine all, go ahead and remove it. But with such an attitude, whenever someone has a question on this and they don't find in the tutorials, surely it will find its way into the forum, and thus add to the flood.

It was still a nice gesture. :) Nothing wrong with submitting it.

Anyway, it is fine, but I agree that it is rather short and limited in its topic. Generally, tutorials are for either a broader topic or for something that needs extra explaining. Otherwise, we just recommend that the users use the "Search" tool (if it is a quick or simple question.. or better yet, google).

Perhaps I'll add it to the WE FAQ? I think more people will see it there.

Either way, thanks for the contribution!

Level 4
It was still a nice gesture. :) Nothing wrong with submitting it.

Anyway, it is fine, but I agree that it is rather short and limited in its topic. Generally, tutorials are for either a broader topic or for something that needs extra explaining. Otherwise, we just recommend that the users use the "Search" tool (if it is a quick or simple question.. or better yet, google).

Perhaps I'll add it to the WE FAQ? I think more people will see it there.

Either way, thanks for the contribution!

That'd be a smart idea. Adding it to the WE FAQ

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
If this contained a list of all the crazy abilities you can modify with negative values (i.e. "what a negative value does to X ability"; especially ones that are not common-sense like Lava Spawn's split-ratio field or summat), this might be quite useful. Otherwise, fold it into another tutorial.