• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Negative Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there a way of adding "negative" requirements for researches?
Like this: Research 1 and 2 are both available. Once you research one of them, the other one becomes unavailable.
A solution that removes the other Research is very welcome, but preferably, i want the research to be there, but unable. (like "Requirements: No points in Research 1" or something)
But if just removing it is a lot simpler, go for that.

Last edited:
Level 17
cant disable things for player because u cant decrease or remove a research what is already researched
  • Player - Disable Trueshot Aura for Player 1 (Red)
  • Player - Make Farm Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
  • Player - Make Rifleman Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)

Level 10
Well, i've got a really insane idea. You create a dummy unit for every upgrade that can be disabled and then place them on the map, add them to the requirements of the upgrades and if you research upgrade A you remove the dummy unit requirement for upgrade B.
If you need a test map to illustrate i'll try and get one up. Haha.

Level 17
Well, i've got a really insane idea. You create a dummy unit for every upgrade that can be disabled and then place them on the map, add them to the requirements of the upgrades and if you research upgrade A you remove the dummy unit requirement for upgrade B.
If you need a test map to illustrate i'll try and get one up. Haha.

i use something like that where the requiment is dummy unit but the problem if multiplayer map and have alot techtree then u must make alot (useless) unit...

its good ideea only if 1-2 dummy unit exist/player

Status
Not open for further replies.