• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need your spell ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello i want some help with spell ideas. I want them balanced like dota spells but something fresh and new. Some spells that could fit in a dota cuase i will do a new map but im not sure how it should be. If you want you can help me with that too :) if the spells are good you will get Idea credits and +rep ofc! you will also get credits and +rep if you come up with map ideas and if i like it too :) Thank you all!

NOTE: when you post spells you have to post 3 normal and 1 ultimate spell. Thanks.

Regards Chewii

Level 15
First: Vampire Lord

1.Vampiric Presence: done! :D If you want, I can upload it :D I made it for myself, but I upload all of my spells if time comes so... :D(If activated, drains your mana but steals 5/10/20 HP/s from nearby (200) enemyes)

2.Vampiric Curse: Curses the enemy so if it dies it'll become a vampire. Also lowers the attack and moving speed, because the target feel odd and sick.
Lvl1: 30s vampire, 300hp, 20-30 dmg, 20% vampiric attacks
Lvl2: 60s vampire, 400hp, 30-40 dmg, 30% vampiric attacks
Lvl3: Permanent vampire, 500 hp, 40-50 dmg, 50% vampire attacks.

3.Vampire Gamble: The vampire Lord reduces his, and all of his enemyes's life to 1 in an area. Area incrases with skill lvl. (Long CD)

Ultimate:Vampiric Bite:Bites the enemy, stealing X HP. If the enemy dies in the attack, the Vampire Lord can steal all of his life-> if the target was non-hero, it heals him with it's life. If it was hero, then Life/3.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second:High Priest(ess) of Elune

1.Breath of Elune:Heals every units in 400/500/600 area around the caster by 50/100/200 HP. Aldo incrases their defence by 1/2/3 for 3/5/8 seconds.

2.Elune's Warcry: Every enemy unit around the caster in 300/400/500 range has slowed attack speed and lowered attack damage(10/20/30%).

3.Touch of Elune: Close quarter healing spell (100 range). Heals the targeted unit by 100/200/350. If the unit's HP was under 20/25/35% when healed, it gains 10/15/20 armor for 5/7/10s.

Ultimate:Shield of Elune:Chanelled (working on it) Protects friendly units inside it from incoming ranged attacks (stop order for attackers) Also blocks enemy units from walking in/outside of it.

Third:Ancient Elemental of Earth

1.Stone Wall: Makes a long wall of earth which blocks units. If a piece of the wall is destroyed, it deals 100/200/300 damage to surrounding enemy units in 100/200/300 range. At lvl 3 it doesn't block allyed units any more.

2.Between-two-sides: Raises two walls around the enemy (on the two side from the caster's viewpoint.) After 4/3/2 seconds the two walls starts to rush at each other, crushing EVERY units between them. Deals 2x damage if the unit is at the central line. Damage: 200/300/400.

3.Telekinetic Boulder: The ancient throws a bouler stone at the target, dealing 200/300/400 damage. If the stone hits it's target, for every enemy unit around the target in 200/300/400 area, a boulder stone flyes from the original target to the surrounding targets, dealing 50/100/200 damage.

Ultimate:Ancient Dance: Chanelled The Ancient starts to "dance" (hit the aerth with it's feet) which deals damage to surrounding units every second. Really powerful spell, but damages own units too! During the time the Ancient has lowered defence.

Hope it helped (Going to write more if I have time xD) :D
OFC the values can be modified to fit in your map!

Last edited:
Level 11
This was just Awesome!! i really like it :D I will certainly use theese spells in my map for sure!

But i got 2 questions. First one i saw that you wrote on the shield of elune that you was working on it :p Are you going to do theese spells or me cuase if you want to do them you can do them it would be really great

Everyone you can tell me the spells but you don't have to make them i can almost make the most spells but you will be in the spell credits if you do them ofc :) and +rep

Question number 2 : This vampiric Curse. I don't understand the 20% vampiric attacks 30% and 50% :p Is it 20% less attack speed and moving speed? or is it something else?

I will sure give you +rep And please post more spells i would love to make them! or you if you want to :)

Level 9
Inferno Bird:
(The things were created for supertoinkz and can kind of look like dota ;/)

1.FotA - Force of the Ancients.
Pheonix flies to the opponent, dealing damage in an area and stuns the target for 2.75
2.Reverse Polarity (wtf, dota much? ;/)
Picks nearby units, puts them in a place towards Inferno Bird and stuns for X seconds.
3.Shifting Battlephase
Flies about 2000 range, picking nearby units and dealing damage per second.
4.Blazing Vaccum
Puts invisible Vaccum in a point and every 2 seconds drags all nearby units to the point.

Some spells could look a littl DotA like, but hope you'll like it.
I'm putting the attachment, because the FOTA was for Supertoinkz, but the rest is for funny synergy. The attachment is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/requesting-some-spells-158901/

Have Fun: Tiche3:grin:

Level 11
The blazing vaccum is like the dark hole in dota then. And i think he has a little too many stuns there :p the vaccum the FotA and the reverse that too many stuns what i think. i like the FotA thing that the pheonix flies to the opponent dealing dmg and stuns that's a good one. And i like the third spell too but i shall reduce the range to 650 something like that. His ulti should be a flamethrower maybe. The second someone can help me with that one (The idea not the spell making^^) ?

Level 15
This was just Awesome!! i really like it :D I will certainly use theese spells in my map for sure!

But i got 2 questions. First one i saw that you wrote on the shield of elune that you was working on it :p Are you going to do theese spells or me cuase if you want to do them you can do them it would be really great

Everyone you can tell me the spells but you don't have to make them i can almost make the most spells but you will be in the spell credits if you do them ofc :) and +rep

Question number 2 : This vampiric Curse. I don't understand the 20% vampiric attacks 30% and 50% :p Is it 20% less attack speed and moving speed? or is it something else?

I will sure give you +rep And please post more spells i would love to make them! or you if you want to :)

Vampiric attacks:the sumonned units drain life from enemy unit with every hit :D Shield of elune is a buggy yet, and it's hard for me to debug... Also, I'm not good with the wall spells I wrote, There is only 2 method, 1 which uses sinus/cosinus (don't know how to calculate with them...yet xD) and the other methods needs some logic, but I'll make the spells tonight if I'm done with my Necro modell (non-warcraft, just a high-poly necro modell :D)

Level 11
Im doing the stone wall spell its going pretty well. But which model should i use for the ancient cuase on the last spell Ancient dance he dances with his feet and rock golem don't have that animation which one should i use? :p

Level 15
just make a trigger which moves him up/down, and use shockwave(or whatever IDk it's proper name now, but I think you know what am I talking about :D) effect :D Oh and here is the map with the spells :D (vampiric presence+shield of elune half done xD It has some problems with triggering, couldn't find it :p)

Attachments

• Skillek.w3x
    73.6 KB · Views: 50
Shadow Anchorite-Weakens and manipulates enemies, looks like an Acolyte crossed with a Medivh

1.Deception-Causes a target to act like your ally(Player-Alliance Change). Once your team attacks that target, the attacker will do ?x normal damage and stun the target for ?seconds. The target breaks free after ?seconds or after he is attacked by your team members.

2.Shadow Word-Quickly degenerates a target's health per second for ?seconds. If the target dies with this buff, it will be revived with full hp and mana.(Unholy Frenzy and a revive hero trigger is needed)

3.Deep Trance-Stuns a unit for ?seconds, but increases HP regeneration and decreases mana regeneration.(3 dummy abilities: Unholy Aura without speed bonus, Brilliance Aura with decreasing mana regen, Storm Bolt without damage)

Ultimate(Autocast):Veiling of Truth-Causes units in an area to wonder aimlessly and cannot attack for ?seconds.(If a hero, use a Black fade filter to 'blind' the player, and issue periodic orders to walk around)

1.Infernal Missile-Knocks back target units rapidly and deals ?damage. So fast is the knock back that it damages any units the knocked back units collide with.(Shockwave with some basic triggers. There is a knockback system on the hive)

2.Spirit Aflame-Surrounds a unit in flames, dealing damage to it and nearby units for ?seconds by ? damage per second.(Lightning Shield dummy)

3.Combustion-Target an allied unit only. The unit continues to lose HP till it dies. When it dies, it explodes in a ball of fire, dealing ?damage to all units nearby. Can't target heroes.

Ultimate:Sundering Blaze-Creates a flame that attaches to a unit. Any unit that comes with 250 of a unit with a flame attached also gets a flame. Units with this buff lose HP until they die, heroes lose ?HP per second for ?seconds. Beware that your units can be targeted too. Sometimes enemy players with a flame buff purposely rush towards your own units!

Hope you like those ideas! You're welcome to change anything.

Level 11
kanadaj everything works good now :p you should've just changed the attack trigger to initally on. Then on the cast you should've turned attack on then do wait 30 sec then turn it off and on the FF stop when he moves or whatever turn off attack too :) so it works now! Ty for the help :) and one question will you do more spells?

GhostThruster thank you that you posted theese spells. But i don't understand the Deception the first one. Is it like this ? If you cast this on a enemy hero it will become an ally and only the real allys and you can attack it ? or is it you cast it on a enemy hero and his allys will attack him or what ? xD i don't understand please explain it more :)

Regards Chewii

Level 11
Nice youre a Model maker aswell :) But i did the rock wall spell it works good but im having some probs with the lvl 3 thing that allies can go through the rocks i think i will figure it out soon.. :p Show a pic at the models you are going to make :) its funny to see how good they are when they're finished.

Deception details:
Just make it a single-unit-target ability (eg Storm Bolt, Holy Light, Unholy Frenzy) set its values to zero(except duration, set that to 0.01). Then make a trigger that changes the alliance of the player if it is a hero, and changes the owner if it belongs to the creep sides.
Make another trigger that triggers when a unit with the 'Deception' buff is damaged, save the damage amount, and minus it from the target's HP for each multiplier(if it is 2x normal damage, trigger once, if 3x twice etc), then change the owner/alliance to the default.

It is a cross between Charm and Sleep(except executed with triggers), in that it is changed into your side, but you aren't in its side, and it wears off when attacked.

Level 11
So is this right? When you casts this spell on a hero it becomes ally with the caster and the caster allies? but the caster and the casters allies becomes unally with him so does the targets allies. And if i attack he will become normal again?

But i don't get the dmg thing :confused:

Make another trigger that triggers when a unit with the 'Deception' buff is damaged, save the damage amount, and minus it from the target's HP for each multiplier(if it is 2x normal damage, trigger once, if 3x twice etc),

There is a trigger event: A Unit Takes Damage.
There is a trigger condition: Unit Has Deception(a buff) = True
There is a If/Then/Else that switch back to the original owner(attacker must be on the attacked unit's fake side)
Now, if the damage multiplier is 2, then taking account that the unit has already been damaged, I save the damage amount, and take away it again. Eg. A hero has 50HP, my attack is 4. If he is Decepted, then I will do 8 damage(4 from a normal attack, another 4 executed via triggers). Of course, you can't create damage, so what you do is save the amount of damage in an integer, and set the damaged unit's HP to that - the integer.
If you need more explaining:
1.50HP
2.46HP
3.42HP(So the damage is 4, then 46 - 4 = 42!)
More steps for more multipliers(4.38HP etc.)

Alliance thing:
I'm A, you're B. A decepts B. B goes to Team A, however, Team A sees B as an enemy. When a unit from Team A attacks B, B goes back to Team B.

The action is Player-
Make Owner of Target Treat Picked Player(Pick every player on your team) as an Ally
-this makes that person treat you like an ally, but you still treat him as an enemy!
Make sure you make him treat his team as enemies using the same action.

Stun thing is a simple Pause and dummy ability, or you can use Storm Bolt as a base.

Status
Not open for further replies.