• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Need to know How to use a .mdx Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm making a custom map right now, and I imported a model with custom animations. I have no idea how to get the custom animations to play that I want from the model. I opened it in the WC3 model editor and saw that the animation That I wanted to play was called Spell One, but I have no idea how to get that spell animation to play when the unit casts the spell. I Couldn't find anything on the forums about this, so If anyone knows how to fix it quickly I would appreciate a reply. THX!

Level 30
^Wrong. Triggered animations can have a lot of flaws, such as unlimited animation cycle.

Select the spell you want to have that specific animation, and edit the (I think) first field with animation request names.
There will be, an example, two strings one after another that say "spell" and "slam".

To get that animation, make your two strings "spell" and "one". If you don't have two strings, simply add them.

Simply putting "spell" will pick a random animation of all with spell tag.

Happy modding! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.