• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] I don't know how to pull these triggers off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have One huge issue, I have is that no where does anyone tell you how to play animations while ignoring orders, or how to ignore orders for a period of time from a user during a general amount of time so he can sue these animations given.

I don't think you guys understood that half. So

>How to Have a unit walking while not playing any animations at all.
>How to have a Unit Walking while attacking at the same time.
>How to have a unit playing an animation then ignore natural orders for a general period of time.
>How do you make a unit allowed to while against a knockback and reduce its effects?

I'm puzzled when I see these things, I want to make them using GUI, however Systems like knockbacks in GUI never seem to have customization in the zones I am looking for. (Don't you dare post some Jass or Vjass, you will just confuse me) I understand Custom script and Very, VERY little jass. I understand the fuctions of Jass but No idea how to structure anything in it so its just random in my eyes atm.

Level 13
>How to Have a unit walking while not playing any animations at all.
>How to have a Unit Walking while attacking at the same time.
>How to have a unit playing an animation then ignore natural orders for a general period of time.
>How do you make a unit allowed to while against a knockback and reduce its effects?

First Question--- I'm not sure what you mean by walking, but you could do a periodic event move the unit instantly with an offset in the direction you desire. Then it would "move" but it would not walk.

Second Question-- Not technically possible, someone might say otherwise but from my experience this can't happen, the unit is either attacking or its moving.

Third Question-- If you want the player to watch/see the entire animation, when they cast the ability/do whatever proc's the animation starting, pause them and call the animation to be played, when you want them to move again, unpause.

Fourth Question--"How do you make a unit allowed to while against a knockback and reduce its effects?" I'm not sure what this is asking, but I think it wants you able to move while being knocked back/ reducing the effects from a knockback. When a unit is being knocked back the period event is moving them every .04 usually, which is not enough time for a move to happen, so I don't believe anything can be done about that. A reduced effect on a certain unit/unit type would be done by a Boolean to check to see if the unit is this unit type, and if it is, run this knockback which would have less of an offset then for the regular units.

I'm rather tired so I hope I answered everything fully and clearly.

Level 7
Second Question-- Not technically possible, someone might say otherwise but from my experience this can't happen, the unit is either attacking or its moving.

It would be possible to have the unit moving to a point. stop, attack a random enemy within range (if there is one) and then continue to move to the point location it was initially moving toward. you could trigger all of these orders OR you could trigger a dummy unit to periodically attack for your unit but this second method would mean your unit would not play it's attack animation.

Level 29
@greenwhy
The question number two poke was right about and u said the exact thing as poke. The question was can a unit move and attack at the same time. It can't warcraft 3 won allow attack and move at the exact same time but w a fast attacker and moving every .04 seconds it may look like it is doing both at the same time. Moving the unit instantly tho it will not show the Wlk animation so it would look like the unit is hiving which wouldn't look very good.

Level 7
So what your saying I can pause units while being knockbacked so they can play animations while being paused?

>Fixed The Typo on #4

I have Seen #2 Happen before. Involved a Mount System. You mount a unit onto a Dummy, then your moving to a location you can still attack and rotate while moving, Since the Dummy is the one walking it gives the impression a unit walks and attacks at the same time. < Real

Status
Not open for further replies.