• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I don't know how to fix these errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm new to map making, but I really want to get into it, and make stuff, but I haven't been able to get a single model I've downloaded from this site to work right, they will show up in the editor as green boxes, and will showup untextured, or in an array of chaos in MatrixEater, or other Model viewers. Some models from extracting from other games wont be viewable (using MatrixEater) While some models are viewable that I have extracted from other games, and I can view all of my models from games like Brawl, and Melee (obj files) (Such a great resource due to trophies) in matrixeater, but uncertain of how to change them into file types WC3 will recognize , but dont know how to animate them. Thinking maybe using resources like TheMatrixEater I could learn how to with vanilla animations, but I can't find my MPQ files straight from wc3, (only IDX). I'm a little frustrated but I'm having alot of fun learning! These are some Errors I keep recieving. 1.init gl failed nullpointerexception : null 2.
upload_2018-9-8_3-30-29.png
upload_2018-9-8_3-31-30.png
Any help would be so amazing! Am practicing Blender, to create models as well, and feel like making maps on WC3 would be a fantastic precursor to developing games in the future. I was a wandering musician for a good 6 years, and finally found stability in the past 3(and also WC3) Developing these skills would be amazing, and fulfilling!

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-8_3-29-27.png
    upload_2018-9-8_3-29-27.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 39
  • upload_2018-9-8_3-31-14.png
    upload_2018-9-8_3-31-14.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Level 9
What I am taking from this is the current Matrix Eater needs the MPQs, and 1.30 has tucked them away in a different place (don't really know that, I'm still in 1.29). Do you have a 1.29 version? That could help with Matrix Eater.

As for your model imports not working, how are you importing them? If they have a skin, are you inputting the correct path? Are you restarting the editor after importing models (sucks, but that's how it goes)?

Level 2
What I am taking from this is the current Matrix Eater needs the MPQs, and 1.30 has tucked them away in a different place (don't really know that, I'm still in 1.29). Do you have a 1.29 version? That could help with Matrix Eater.

As for your model imports not working, how are you importing them? If they have a skin, are you inputting the correct path? Are you restarting the editor after importing models (sucks, but that's how it goes)?
No I have not been restarting the editor. Perhaps thats the issue. I do have a v that might be 1.29.. my friend gave it to me on a usb, before I purchased the game again. edit: Checked and could not find files. So I found out the file type instead of MPQ, it is CASC. Edit: I got models to work on a old v! Woot. I can begin my journey into to harder aspects of this like coding :D In addition, I wanted to edit an old game VideogameRPG 1.8 to have more modern models, and perhaps change the coding a little (cause in 1.30 I keep getting kicked out during the game when I host it) likely from a move the character Goku uses. However when trying to open it, it hits me with a resources not availabe, map size to big? idk

Last edited:
Level 2
Ok. So on the next step on my journey, I have this model
upload_2018-9-9_3-17-33.png

I want to animate it with Demonhunter model movements. How do I go about doing that? The only animation software I have atm is blender, I'd imagine it would be simple if I could just link key points to the model. There has to be an easier way, cause Blender is quite taxing on my brain at the moment. Maybe I'll make a new thread for this one.

Level 9
1.30 is the only version to use CASC right now.

If you are getting 'Map size too big' errors, you are probably playing in versions 1.26a or lower. Try playing the map in singleplayer instead of hosting in LAN or upgrade to 1.29.

Level 2
1.30 is the only version to use CASC right now.

If you are getting 'Map size too big' errors, you are probably playing in versions 1.26a or lower. Try playing the map in singleplayer instead of hosting in LAN or upgrade to 1.29.
Ok So the v I have was in fact 1.26, it also has scurvy. Trying to learn how to updte it into 1.29, tried v switcher, and stuff but cant seem to find out how to upgrade it. My official copy v is 1.30, and the map making tools just aren't there for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.