• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Spell Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Howdy there! Lately my inspiration has gone south, and I have no idea which spell I should make next.

So what I need is you guys to help me.

Post your ideas about spells, any kind of spells.

If I like the idea, I'll ofc. give some reputation in return. :thumbs_up:

That's all for now. Have a sunny day!

Level 12
First, the inspiration needs to come from within you, that way it'll be truely your piece of art.
Second, If I am to offer an idea I offer a Boomerang system that damages all who comes within range of the boomerang. Or maybe a 180 degree slice or something.
Think, you must.

Level 6
Shadow,

We don't have the slightest clue how talented you are jass/GUI-wise, we don't know the nature of your map or its constraints or anything. We can't be of any help with such vague instruction.

If you are having trouble coming up with spells look in the spell section, there are many spells there that can be examined for inspiration - or you could even copy & paste them and put them in your map, if you're just too lazy to come up with any yourself.

Finally, just a word of warning: if you rely on inspiration to finish a product... it will never get finished. Inspiration is rare and short-lived, or you need to find ways to ignite it yourself.

Level 8
Shadow,

We don't have the slightest clue how talented you are jass/GUI-wise, we don't know the nature of your map or its constraints or anything. We can't be of any help with such vague instruction.

If you are having trouble coming up with spells look in the spell section, there are many spells there that can be examined for inspiration - or you could even copy & paste them and put them in your map, if you're just too lazy to come up with any yourself.

Finally, just a word of warning: if you rely on inspiration to finish a product... it will never get finished. Inspiration is rare and short-lived, or you need to find ways to ignite it yourself.

Alright, I'm JASS-wise. I'm just looking for ideas, and if someone needs a spell, I can do it for him. Simply, 'cause I enjoy making spells, and making something that someone else proposed is a fair challenge, and it's always a pleasure. :). You can check how talented I am, just by clicking on my profile and checking out my resources.

to idodik: excellent idea! I'm off to finish this new challenge.

to X-OMG-X: Meh, it's nice, but a bit overused, bunch of spells like that :p. But thanks for comment.

Alright, I'm JASS-wise. I'm just looking for ideas, and if someone needs a spell, I can do it for him. Simply, 'cause I enjoy making spells, and making something that someone else proposed is a fair challenge, and it's always a pleasure. :). You can check how talented I am, just by clicking on my profile and checking out my resources.

to idodik: excellent idea! I'm off to finish this new challenge.

to X-OMG-X: Meh, it's nice, but a bit overused, bunch of spells like that :p. But thanks for comment.

Okay:)

Level 5
I have an idea for a spell called "Mind Control". It's a channeling spell where the caster, while channeling, gains control of an enemy unit. If the enemy unit should be killed while being controlled, it will count as a loss for the owner of the channeling unit. The skill is kind of like "Charm", but with the advantage that it can be used on any unit, including heroes, but with the disadvantage that the caster needs to remain in one position all the time while channeling. The idea is that the spell will have a limited duration if used on heroes, but unlimited if used on normal units. The spell can be interrupted at any time by the caster though, simply by issuing it another order, and in that case the original owner of the controlled unit will regain control of it. Also, heroes that dies while being controlled will not be controlled anymore when they are revived.

This is a spell I thought of but was to lazy to try to make myself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.