• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Spell Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
What spells does your tinker have in its original form?

In my MOBA map I got a Tinker (the Mechanic) with these abilities:
Passive: Demolish: The Mechanic's basic attacks deal additional damage to buildings.
Ability1: Cluster Rockets: Launch a barrage of rockets at the target location, dealing (...) damage and slowing the targets.
Ability2: Slam: The Mechanic slams the ground dealing damage and rooting the targets. (100% slow)
Ability3: Bombard: Launches a long-ranged missile at the target location, dealing (...) damage.
Ability4: Robo-Tank: The Mechanic transforms into a tank increasing damage, armor and health, but removing mana regeneration.

I think that you dont want the passive, that you already have cluster rockets and that you use robo-tank to transform.
The slam is pretty simple. You know how to make that.
The bombard ability is an area of effect ability with massive range. A rocket is fired with a high arc to that location and you gain vision of the target location until the rocket hits the ground.

Here are 3 other abilities that were possible on the tinker but I used those on others and I didn't like multiple abilities that are perfectly the same.

Passive: Cleaving Attack: The Tinker strikes with such force that he damages multiple enemies with his attack. (Used as a hero ability though.)
Ability: Land mine: The Tinker places a land mine that will explode when an enemy unit comes close. (The land mines dont expire automatically.)
Passive: Devotion Aura: Increases the armor of nearby allied units.

Hope that you got some ideas now :)

Next to that... You want us to send you a private message when we want to help you with your map but you disable private messages?
Sure bro.

Level 9
Tinker Alternate Form Abilities:
1. Robo-Charge - Tinker charges to the target point and dealing (x) damage to nearby 200 AoE enemies and slowing them by (x)% for (x) seconds with a 600 casting range.

2. Titanium Shell - Whenever Tinker gets damage, Tinker returns (x) damage back to the enemy. [Just like DotA's Centaur]

3. Laser Beam - Tinker shoots plenty of laser beams on a target point randomly and dealing (x) damage per beam for maximum 3 waves of 6 beams.

4. (Ultimate) Tinker Bro - Summons (x) numbers of tiny tinkers that have extra abilities with (x) hitpoints and (x) movement speed for (x) seconds.

Tinker Bro's Abilities:
1. Mana Burn - Burns away (x) amount of mana from enemy unit

2. Tinker Explosion - Suicide tinker himself on a target point, dealing (x) damage to nearby units

Status
Not open for further replies.