• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Special Knockback Spell [GUI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all, I'm makin a map and one of the heroes I've got has a lot of mobility spells. The only move left for me to work on with it is a move that's a kind of variation of knockback. The ways it's different, however, is that instead of knocking back other units, the hero chooses a unit at melee range, hits them, and knocks HIMSELF back a certain distance without collision. I've been trying in vain to edit other knockback spells, but can't seem to get it to work, so I was hoping you wonderful people here at the Hive could figure it out. Thanks a lot! :thumbs_up:

-RipperRoo

P.S. Oh, and it's gotta be GUI, as the thread title implies

Level 2
I meant boss :O
I've appeared to have run into a problem with one of the custom script lines
I'm getting a "Expected a name" error" on the JKSystemCore trigger, I don't know how to post code properly, I apologize, but here's the problem trigger in text form:

"set udg_JKS_J_heightchange = ParabolaZ(udg_JKS_J_MaxHeightReached2[udg_JKS_Integer[3]], udg_JKS_J_distance[udg_JKS_Integer[3]], udg_JKS_J_distancetravelled[udg_JKS_Integer[3]])"

(The "s arent in the actual trigger)

I can post the map if you like, in case you've gotten rid of the original spell map, or if it seems to be an error involved with my map.
Thanks a lot, I hope you can help :D

Level 2
Yeah all the variables are in there, that's what's so confusing about this for me, I just can't think of what else it could be. Hmmmm :|

Level 2
Here's the spell map you edited as well as the map I've pasted the abilities to. Once again, I really appreciate you helping me to solve this problem :D

Attachments

• Knock&Jump System Reversed.w3x
    69.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Gard.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.