• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need some wild ideaz =)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
as everyone out there i want my RPG to have some distinctive features, to make it original. rescently i had a deep look at Final Fantasy series and i liked the idea of the unique weapon type - keyblades. but - keyblades are too well-known as Dissidia's signature feature. so now the jealous me wants some kind of a unique weapon type to place in my rpg (its dark fantasy setting). Feel free to think of any weapon-type-defining magical abilities too - the weapon is not necesarryly all steel and iron, its magic too =))

Give me your wildest ideas of a unique weapon type. It must be original, i dont want remakes of other games' ideas. +rep will be given for every nice idea, even if i dont use it =))
PS: i love jokes, but not too much of them ;) serious ideas preferred =)

EDIT: please, dont suggest items including chains/ropes/other kind of things that ove on attack. its almost imposible to make as an attachment, as i know

Last edited:
Level 6
trillium is asking for ideas. holy crap, the world has gone mad.

anyways, here comes:
Chikanwa: consists of a ring with three chains attached to it. these chains are barbed and hold long blades at their ends.

Level 15
@ hijax
hijax said:
trillium is asking for ideas.
my brain is on recharge atm. can't touch it, high voltage =P

nice idea, but sadly its impossible to animate an attachment with chains (like a flail) properly. but will keep that in mind

@ paperjack
epic version will include an ancient hero in place of a peasant? :p

Level 6
yeah, if you need it for attachments, i guess there would be problems with how the unit swing his arm.

well, what about the
Wak'chong: pastebinned and image so you can see what i mean.

Level 6
you didnt. that is pretty much a copy of my weapon. so somebody came before me. damn.

Level 15
i wanted something completely unique =))) not used in any other game, be it WC3 or smth else =))) though my chances to get something like that are veeeery low

Level 3
yeah kk i only tought it as a kind of animation.
btw. you can make kind of this idea.

some kind of ghosthands damage from inside the body

Level 10
yeah kk i only tought it as a kind of animation.
btw. you can make kind of this idea.

some kind of ghosthands damage from inside the body

well there clearly says that he doesn't want to have any remakes from any other games. And the ghost hand idea sounds a bit like devil may cry 4 (not much but alittle) and how is that supposed to be an attachment? the hand inside enemy dealing damage part

Level 3
Okay, maybe he can materialize the hand and dematerialize it.
So if he mterialize inside enemy´s body he can damage his vital
parts. Counterquestion. How you want to deal damage with cheese?

Edit: Oh to the devil may cry... i think it is a kind of some monster hand or?
my idea is something transparent or similiar.

Dyiion: Sabre with a 2 1/2 foot handle, the blade curves forward with several prongs at the base of the blade. At the other side of the handle there is a short knife loged into the haft. The haft has a small metal plate that acts as a make-shift buckler. this weapon is short enough to be used as a longsword,(The greatest bladed weapon.) and long enough to be used as a stabbing spear, the attached buckler provides an increased blocking prowess to compensate for the increased weight of the buckler and handle. It is the perfect weapon. (Trust me I know, I made one and I never loose! the longer blade beats the crap out of guys with short-bladed spears and the handle length beats guys with longswords.)

Level 8
If you want very unique names, you need to ask pros (And i am one! (Not)).

Oh well, here is some ideas that i realized i had in mind for just a few seconds ago.

Blood Sphere : Ring / Wand : Rare
The ring is said to feed itself with the blood from the opponent in battle, one day it will release its powers.

The Blade of Willpower : Sword : Unique (Not)

When this blade was crafted, the humans gained the ability to think with their hearts instead of brain, willpower was born.

Thats it for now. Im tired and sleepy

Level 8
(Jumping out of window by failing so hard)

Ok! Im mad, here is some unique weapon types:

Shadeblades : A dagger/sword that isnt made out a steel by pure darkness, instead of attacking the flesh of the enemy, it cuts right trough their souls dealing more damage and most of the time damages the mind (Mana) also. Only a real mortal with the powers of darkness can use these weapons.

Ghost Spheres: A Ghost Sphere is a orb like thing the user has in the left or right hand, it has the users eye in the middle of itself and is extremely powerfull.
A normal human being that uses fysical powers cannot take any damage from this Sphere, but a enemy that uses the mind instead of strength can easily take major damage.
It works like this: When a enemy attacks the user with the Ghost Sphere with psycic/magical powers, the attack will most likely be blocked, and the user will turn into a invinsible ghost. The user now strikes the enemy unit inside the realm of ghost and damages it by putting terror and horror into its mind.

Hope these can replace the other two >.<

In case you missed my post:
This is an item type:
Dyiion: Sabre with a 2 1/2 foot handle, the blade curves forward with several prongs at the base of the blade. At the other side of the handle there is a short knife loged into the haft. The haft has a small metal plate that acts as a make-shift buckler. this weapon is short enough to be used as a longsword,(The greatest bladed weapon.) and long enough to be used as a stabbing spear, the attached buckler provides an increased blocking prowess to compensate for the increased weight of the buckler and handle. It is the perfect weapon. (Trust me I know, I made one and I never loose! the longer blade beats the crap out of guys with short-bladed spears and the handle length beats guys with longswords.)

lol sorry if i am annoying :)

Level 2
What did you think about a Footman cobined with a boar with Illidans swords ??? I always want to see something like that ... Or a peasant combined with a peon , cobined with a wisp combined , with an acolyte.

The last one should rocks. :cute:

Level 10
Okay, maybe he can materialize the hand and dematerialize it.
So if he mterialize inside enemy´s body he can damage his vital
parts. Counterquestion. How you want to deal damage with cheese?

Edit: Oh to the devil may cry... i think it is a kind of some monster hand or?
my idea is something transparent or similiar.

Well if you really have to know nothing in a game really needs to make any sense att all.. saying "How does one hurt someone with cheese?" is like saying "How does one slice someone with a key when the edge of the key is rounded?" (example from kingdom hearts where sora uses keyblades) and if you want a game to be realistic there wouldn't be any magic and most weapons wouldn't exist since they are unpractical (example: miljons of spike needed on a sword for what?) so why couldn't there be a cheese sword? it might have been out of the fridge for too long and therefore hardened..

And on the DMC4 (devil may cry 4) part I guess you haven't played it but one of the main characters has a demon arm, but before you say "my idea is something transparent or similiar." check some pictures or videos first the demon arm can create a ghost/energy arm that can be used as an extension of the "real" arm. Here you have an example of the arm.. Check at 0:41 and 0:58 and you will see it's made out of energy (kinda) and he can do much more than just extend it. (shows during some cutscenes)

Now back on topic:
Besides the cheese idea you could really take anything (yes anything) that is small and size it up to get a weapon.. Maybe one half of a huge pair of scissors or a huge pencil. Anything could work (maybe not cables and such since they would bend) you could also make a book/comic book that is rolled up (they get pretty hard when rolled tight enough).

EDIT: And any coments about scissors etc not being able to fit in to a wc3 map think about that there is rifles etc in wc3 and in wow (yes i know it suck etc etc) there is rifles that has a futiristic look (glowy things on them and such) and to be honest tools similar to scissors where invented long before rifles (this is in the case that the map has a lore where they haven't invented rifles and such)

Level 4
Crossbow-Minicatapult-thing <---Insert better name
so, basically a crossbow which instead of bolts hurls shrapnel, or just balls. It's a carriable minicatapult! U can basically choose if you want it to be, just a regular ball, a wide shrapnal shot or a ball of shrapnel that releases all the shrapnel on impact.

<Insert name> (can't really think right now T_T)
It's like two swords fused together in the middle, so it kinda has four blades? gah I'm bad at explaining. on the side of each blade it has some kind of hooks or stuff, which rip the flesh the blades pierce while taking it out.

Sorry for the bad ideas, my head is empty right now T_T

Level 6
wait. this one would be awesome. its a gambler type hero, he uses cards and dices (thrown) as weapons.

Dyiionic Sphere
A ball with each of the elements held within, because the elements oppose each other when the orb is activated all of the elements spill out with rage attempting to escape each other. the orb is speciall enchanted to be re-useable. Upon shattering the conflagration of elements generates a maelstrom of energy tearing everything nearby apart.

Level 3
@Blaxor ... You started with logic, cause of this i asked how to deal damage with cheese... ok .... and i have all devil may cry parts for xbox and xbox 360 ... and played them and there is nothing about what i ment. Its sad that you don´t undestand anything. Okay i dont want to talk more about it, cause i dont want to hijack trillium´s thread for your stupefying obscenities.

Back to topic:
Dyiionic Sphere sounds pretty cool. Would be happy to see such a weapon somewhere!! +Rep

ok lol, hmm... thinking...
Bynok:
A spirit fused with one pure element and attached (fused) to a gauntlet, depending on the spirit and the element involved the spirit manipulates itself into different forms for instance:

Agressive spirit + element of lava: a molten ball encases the arm of the user while the Bynok is active also user is immune the effects of the lava.
Enemies will gladly lay down their arms than fight one with this weapon.

Benevolent spirit + element of nature: a halo of light extends into a long, fine blade when this bynok is active, the light burns the lifeless (undead) and your wounds seem heal in minutes rather than days....

Evil spirit + element of death: clodness and evil spread through your thoughts like wildfire upon donning this bynok. a dark glow surrounds your fist and a raging torrent of black energy surrounds your hand life recoils from your touch while pain and suffering seem to increase your power... you also have a strange affinity for the dead.

that way you can have infinite selections of abilities and powers... attachement options too. also it is a cool item type, you have got to admit...

Level 15
yeah, reminded me of Chaos Marauder from WAR hand morphing. this one can turn out quite interesting... maybe as a whole new class? morph itself, basing on combinations... hm, will think 'bout that tomorrow...
btw, i owe you a +rep for this =))

Level 3
Make the RPG about bards and give them instruments with blades. For example, an axe-lute, or a harp-saw.

I think it'd be badass, put some METAL in your bard's tale. :p

(I'm not a fan of metal, and I've never played a Bard's Tale, but this is a sincere suggestion--I've considered including something similar in a DnD campaign.)

Level 15
aha, and a brainmelting hard rock solo as an ultimate?

tbh, i was going to include a bard class and music in my game, but that would require alot of custom models and anims...

Level 2
Well, here goes nothing...

-Broodscythe/Scythestaff/Taegol'aman: This weapon consists of a small pole with large, menacing blades on both ends, usually in the form of a scythe. The pole is about two feet end to end, and it usually has decorative ornaments surrounding it. The Scythestaves are usually dual-wielded, though not always.

-Fanblade: Created out of only the finest mithril, the fanblade is truly a legendary weapon. Out of a half moon grip ( Like so -> Cl ) made out of pure gold, ten shortblades extend. The shortblades are usually two feet in length, and connected with strands of mithril. The weapon is lightweight, only five pounds, as many fanblades were created by the skilled elven craftsmen, the Hiar'sil, of Galreid Forest [Insert other names as needed]. Fanblades are not glaives, mind you.

Meh, I tried. :D

Level 3
Daethon - Deathon is a dark yet harnessed form of energy in the world of <w/e your RPG's world is>. It is made out of the souls of the fallen - with stronger or a great quantity of souls having empowered Daethon. Daethon is not quite a particular type of weaponry - however certain weapons can be rematerialized as Daethon. Even your own hand can absorb it's powers - becoming a powerful weapon all in its own. No matter what shape it takes, the two true things about Daethon are it's immense strength and overwhelming darkness.

Level 3
How about a medium length wooden pole with two axeheads that curve in the shape of a moon (when viewed, they would look somewhat like a open mouth). On the outside of these axes are hammerheads. The pole ends on the opposite side with a blunt, steel tip.
The weapon can be used to stun or paralyze enemies with the hammers, or can be used in a stabbing motion with the curved axes to cut the body in half. The blunt tip is just for decoration, but could be consider lethal in the right hands :mwahaha:.

Level 12
On an old rpg i used to play http://www.DragonFable.com there was a weapon called
Cordemi Cordex
When activated, it transforms into another weapon type. It could turn into a staff, a dagger, and A sword. In wc3 it could be 10 million other things but just a suggestion.

Description:
Found from a strange meteorite that fell from the sky, this glowing green metal, shifts to the owners liking.

This weapon could be great for it can be used by any type.

P.S. Trillium actually ran out of ideas!

Level 15
well, i don't have a proper name for it yet
it is a kind of a not large mace or shortsword with a symbol of an eye carved into it / shaped as an eye / having an eye 'socketed' into it / etc.
since my RPG's plot is based on 'Lgiht, Darkness, Good, Evil and Whatever Else vs. Chaos', these 'eye weapons' will be rather weak in normal combat (although they will have some useful magical properties to compensate that), but they will be exceptionally good against creatures of chaos and the only weapons capable of killing Chaos Gods.

all this needs polishing tbh =)

Status
Not open for further replies.