• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some vBulletin coding help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey everyone.

Might perhaps not be the best place to ask but I'm going to give it a try anyway.
Recently I swapped from my old forum software SMF back to vBulletin.
I was fine converting my design and to make additional changes but I'm stuck at some coding.

I'm creating a new, custom frontpage for my website but I'm with my back against the wall.
The problem is that I'm stuck doing some custom php with it.

I would highly appreciate if there is someone around that could help me with a few things and probably could even reward you with a steam game or something.

It's not advanced coding, more like showing news from a certain forum board and such.

So if you would like to help me out here, please respond!

Thanks in advance :)

Level 29
Good job at reading the post, because clearly "vBulletin" and "PHP" are keywords for client-side scripting...(also w3schools is a garbage site, but that's beyond the point)

As to the post, if you have actual questions, ask them. Granted, running an online search will probably be faster for you.

Level 19
^ GhostWolf is right.
For the info: I know html, CSS and a bit of PHP.

Basically I can't figure out how to use custom php within vBulletin.

vBulletin has its templates to work with but inside of these you can't use php itself.
It works with predefined stuff as far as I know.

So to make my question perhaps even more clear: how to use custom php within vBulletin templates?

I've been searching a lot on how to do it. Otherwise I wouldn't been asking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.