• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some help with blender and animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I tried to import Arthas into Blender using the mdx plugin (warblender), but this is the result:
Screen1.png

There is a "plan" that cuts through the scene.

If I remove it and apply the texture, I have a good looking result:
Screen2.png

However, when I try to animate it, the bones are not "glued" to the body (I don't know what the technical term is, I'm not a designer, just a programmer), and thus the animation only affects them (and not the whole body).
Screen3.png

Can someone help me please ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
warblender is a bit dated. I'm guessing it isn't importing it properly (you may have to fix it manually). Barade made an updated version of it, but I don't have the link (you may want to ask him for it and see if it maintains bones). Killabong also tried to make an importer, although it wasn't finished either. The git depository is here:
https://github.com/CruzR/Blender-MDL
It only imports mdl's, and I think it only works on static models (I don't think it imports animations).

Level 2
Thanks for your reply, I'll send him a PM.
In the meantime, I'll try to find if I can attach the bones by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.