• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blender - can't open exported MDX files from CascView

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there.

I'm having some trouble with exporting/importing into Blender. I re-downloaded both Blender, CascView and the MDX importer script, but it doesn't work. I believe the issue is with the export from CascView, because I had some old exports that I could open in Blender. If I tried exporting the same file (overriding the old one), the new one wouldn't open.
The error message I get is included below.

Can anyone help?

error1.png

Level 1
Hi there. If anyone is having the same issue as me, I discovered a work-around.

I downloaded Retera's Model Studio, found the model by the menu to the right, then clicked Scripts at the top, and changed the Format Version to 1000. Now, if you click Save As an MDX, Blender will import it, and from there you can export it to FBX if you wish!

Ps: If you find yourself wanting to export a texture from Retera's model studio, you first have to click the texture in the first pop-up, then literally specify, by name, which extension you want.

So for example: calling it MyTexture won't work. It needs to be MyTextyre.png, or -blp, or whatever you want. Have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.