• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Scottsman Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presenting A New Map: Braveheart's Warriors

This is a map that I have begun development on that is a kind of combination of a hero defense, risk, and arena style game play. The setting is in England and Scotland back when William Wallace(Braveheart) was trying to defend his country from the tyrant Edward Longshanks. Many of you have probably seen the Braveheart movie that is based off this true story. The game is for 4-8 players and will have several base characters to chose from, which will then be able to pick between several different classes(will be represented by a choose able level 1 skill, all those skills will then be removed and replaced by a spell book containing the skills for the chosen class.)

The base characters will be a throwing axemen, mace warrior, axe warrior, and sword warrior.

What I need is models for those four base characters, as well as a model for Braveheart. I am aware that on this site there is a dwarf throwing axeman, a dwarf axe warrior, and a dwarf mace warrior, I have already tested all 3 and dwarves just wont work for what I am trying to accomplish. Anyone who creates one or more of these models for me will receive rep, as well as credit in the maps loading screen and several places throughout the map.

I would like the characters to be average sized humans with average perportions, not super short and wide like the dwarf models. I would like them to be in the traditional Scottish style of armor, except with studded leather kilts instead of the normal plaid cotton kilts.

Here is a picture of Mel Gibson from the movie Braveheart to give you an idea of the kind of armor I want, as well as a shot of my map while I am editing it.

Attachments

• braveheart-1-1024.jpg
    braveheart-1-1024.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 326
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 235
Thank you, lol, I spend enough time yelling at people about their horribly done and un-backed requests that I have to do a good job myself :p.

By the way, your modeling skills are amazing, would be an honor if you would do 1 or more of these, by the way, its your dwarven axe thrower and dwarven warrior that I was considering using, and they are excellent models. But dwarves just dont have the right preportions to pass as people, even scottish people, lol.

EDIT: HOLY COW, how did I suddenly jump from 18 rep to 24 when I didnt even do anything, will have to check log and see where this came from, lol.

Thank you, lol, I spend enough time yelling at people about their horribly done and un-backed requests that I have to do a good job myself :p.

By the way, your modeling skills are amazing, would be an honor if you would do 1 or more of these, by the way, its your dwarven axe thrower and dwarven warrior that I was considering using, and they are excellent models. But dwarves just dont have the right preportions to pass as people, even scottish people, lol.

EDIT: HOLY COW, how did I suddenly jump from 18 rep to 24 when I didnt even do anything, will have to check log and see where this came from, lol.

Yes, indeed I could do some of those models and yes your rep increased a bit, because I added +6 for you.

Yes I could use the same model for the three warriors, in fact I could use the same model for all of the people, though I would like braveheart to look a little different than the normal guys. But, the problem with that is all there anims would be the same, and they dont need to have a totally different set of anims, but a few differences in there attack anims would be nice, expecially for the throwing axeman.

Yes I could use the same model for the three warriors, in fact I could use the same model for all of the people, though I would like braveheart to look a little different than the normal guys. But, the problem with that is all there anims would be the same, and they dont need to have a totally different set of anims, but a few differences in there attack anims would be nice, expecially for the throwing axeman.

Yes of course.
So we have: A generic warrior that is only different by attached weapons, a William Wallace and an axe thrower.

Level 13
is general frank still working at this? cuz i think i could help...the only problem is that the axe thrower would either have empty hands and you would only see the axe as a missile and attached to his belt, or his axe would never leave his hand on the attack animation, cuz i don't know how to make it disapear after he throws it... but i don't think that could be noticeable in game

is general frank still working at this? cuz i think i could help...the only problem is that the axe thrower would either have empty hands and you would only see the axe as a missile and attached to his belt, or his axe would never leave his hand on the attack animation, cuz i don't know how to make it disapear after he throws it... but i don't think that could be noticeable in game

Yes I'm still working on the. And it is noticeable ingame.

Level 13
Blue painted faces are celtic not scottish, and thanks for keepin it up frank.

And blue face paint is technically a Scottish thing. You see the Kingdom of Alba and the Kingdom of the Picts united and made dark age/medieval Scotland. The Picts are the ones who were famed for painting their bodies up. Especially in blue paint.

Presenting A New Map: Braveheart's Warriors

This is a map that I have begun development on that is a kind of combination of a hero defense, risk, and arena style game play. The setting is in England and Scotland back when William Wallace(Braveheart) was trying to defend his country from the tyrant Edward Longshanks. Many of you have probably seen the Braveheart movie that is based off this true story. The game is for 4-8 players and will have several base characters to chose from, which will then be able to pick between several different classes(will be represented by a choose able level 1 skill, all those skills will then be removed and replaced by a spell book containing the skills for the chosen class.)

The base characters will be a throwing axemen, mace warrior, axe warrior, and sword warrior.

What I need is models for those four base characters, as well as a model for Braveheart. I am aware that on this site there is a dwarf throwing axeman, a dwarf axe warrior, and a dwarf mace warrior, I have already tested all 3 and dwarves just wont work for what I am trying to accomplish. Anyone who creates one or more of these models for me will receive rep, as well as credit in the maps loading screen and several places throughout the map.

I would like the characters to be average sized humans with average perportions, not super short and wide like the dwarf models. I would like them to be in the traditional Scottish style of armor, except with studded leather kilts instead of the normal plaid cotton kilts.

Here is a picture of Mel Gibson from the movie Braveheart to give you an idea of the kind of armor I want, as well as a shot of my map while I am editing it.

It's actually not based entirely on real events. It's based on a poem written by a monk almost 400 years after the events toke place.

Also if you're making a map on Braveheart and need an above average terrain of Great Britain PM me and I'll see if I can persuade my friend to lend you his. If you search 'Britain,' either here on the hive or on epicwar it should come up.

ALSO I with every ounce of Scottish love in me support these models. I will <3 you forever Frank and Wombat if they are made.

EDIT: I'm excited for this map. So if you want ANY help, I'm an excellent terrainer and I'm about average with triggers. Also I know how to balance well.

Here's a link to some of my terraining(It's own my Forum, if you want your map to be hosted here just ask <3): http://x767.com/f/showthread.php?t=105

Level 34
I skipped a few posts and I must say:

Too complete the circle of celts/scottsmen/etc have a doodlebag unit in it too, which auto-plays a low poly song everytime.

Got it from Cossacks...

Level 4
However, the milita skin is perfect for the chest, and you could probably find a good texture for the kilt. The rest can be done easily with the mortar team beard and hair. If you want a real scott, you need a redhead with a beard. Im sure frank can do this using ingames.

leather kilt?

hmmm you could use the skirt thing from the dwarven gryphon rider

It will be somewhat realistic. But to make it any fun I will have to do a few unrealistic skills and stuff. For example, one of axe thrower's skills will be like cluster rockets cept he will throw a bunch of axes all over the place. And mace warrior will be able to slam ground with mace like thunder clap or war stomp. Sword warrior will have something similar to bladestorm. And axe warrior will have some sort of wind-hash thing where he swings his axe and sends out a shockwave. Without some unrealistic skills it just wouldn't have the fun, fast paced action I am going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.