• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Mentor, New to mapmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I never found a forum for general mapmaking disscussion, so im posting it here.

I'm new to the forum, WC3, and mapmaking. And I would really like to learn how to make maps. When I say that, I mean that I need to learn how to make triggers, how to import custom unit models, and skins. I have MANY Ideas, but my skill is limited to just editing terrain, making and placing units, items, and doodads. I Have the program needed to skin also.

All I'm really asking for is someone to teach me these things, I'm very open minded and learn quickly if explained well. If you want to, message me at my AIM address, XAnnihilaticusX. I would really appreciate it.

Come on people! 11 views and no replies?! Not even so much as a vote on the poll! I thought this was a community, and communities help one another!

Level 5
k first dude u need to make a new map with diff land scape and size. than u need to add terrian and doodads to make it look pretty :D and for the triggers,well tell me witch map u want to make than ill give u details

idk much about customs bt 1 things for sure u need wc3 expantion to do it :(

Level 1
there are many tutorials on map making. just read some of them, and you will learn it. i have learned everything just by trying and reading tutorials.

mfg l33torizor

Level 1
ok when i find you in AIM messenger I'll help you.
I already added you. although i think the best thing to do to learn wc3 is just try things out inside the editor. I learned that way.
:p

Level 1
Hey im a noob at map making too, but only at: making a custom hero, making triggers and creating a black no 'pass zone' any one want to teach me this?
contact me on msnm plz

Level 3
To make areas that charachters cant go into go into:

Doodads --> Pathing and sight blockers --> Then use the pathing Blocker (Both) and the Vision Blocker around the outline of the area you do not wish to be seen.

Level 4
I am here

Well I do make custom heroes, abilities. Sorta ok at triggers. can't do make my terrain realistic.(blotches of grass in random locations)

All that by just expirementing (no help required)

Not meaning to brag.

Bottom Line: Just expirement, you'll be suprised what you can do.

Your pal

mew77

Level 2
Okay...If you want to learn about mapmaking and that kind of shit go to the Wc3 tutorial section. They have lots of tutorials and i'm sure you'll find some that your intrested in. The turoial section is in the forum now the bar up top that says "Tutorial". If you need any help though just ask :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.