• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger help - New to World Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there!

I am quite new to the World Editor and was trying to make an aimed spell (based of Breath of Fire) that will snare all units hit.

The spell applies a buff to all units hit but how do I make the triggers?

I basically want the trigger to find all units with the buff and ensnare them.

Since I have not yet learned much about the trigger editor I would really appreciate some help here. :wink:

Level 17
Here you go! For this you will need a dummy caster - here's a tutorial.

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Breath of Fire
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Breath of Fire) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set p = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at p facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Ensnare to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Ensnare for (Last created unit) to (Level of Breath of Fire for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
Note: If your ensnare ability only has 1 level, leave out the "Unit - Set level of Ensnare for (Last created unit) to (Level of Breath of Fire for (Triggering unit))" part.

Level 17
UnitGroup.jpg

Do you have Frozen Throne or just Reign of Chaos?

Status
Not open for further replies.