• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Hero Creator and Item Creator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a really off the wall idea for a map.
Combine DOTA, Footman Frenzy, Hero Line Wars, and Castle Fight.
Put it on a type of map most people haven't really used.
Give it a catchy name.

Whoila! War of The Farmers! (WTF)
The games design is fairly simple.
  1. Pick a hero.
  2. Build a creep building and creeps spawn on lanes.
  3. Build towers in home base or on building lane to protect from creeps.
  4. Use creeps and heros to kill the other base.

DETAILS
Max hero level: 100
Need 80 Items Created.
Need 36 Heros Created.
Need 60 abilities created.

Hero Guidelines

Base stats:
Hero Starting attributes must not be more than 6!!
Heroes gain .25 main attribute a level and .15 sub attributes a level.
Must have NO abilities.

CUSTOM ABILITIES:

1. Max damage cannot exceed 200
  2. Must have 1 or 15 levels.
  3. Must be accompanied with a "ITEM" to represent your ability.

Items:
Cannot exceed a bonus of 6 attack or 3 attribute. (Unless its a recipe that needs many things)
Recipes can include "Empty" items. (Items made just to waste gold making a recipe.)
(I.E. Claws of Attack +3 and Gloves of Haste and (INDUSTRIAL SUPER GLUE) = Speedy Claw Gloves)

If you need to contact me my msn is [email protected]

The map is in beta stage here:
:fp: War of The Farmers

Progress:
Heros: 10/36
Items: 0/80
Abilities: 10/60
Terrain: 0% (Redoing Terrain)
Triggers: 98%
Attacking Creeps: 100%
Upgrades: 100%​

Total Map Completion: ~52.17%

Last edited:
Level 1
jesus, thats quite a project hehe: - ) .. i'm currently strugling with my own just 7 heroes with only 27 abilities :- )

Good luck with your project, looking forward to see more details

Level 4
Thread exists :wink:
I might try to come up with some heroes, but I'm quite busy at the moment, so don't expect anything anytime soon from me :grin:

If you do want to make heroes I have redone the requirements for a hero so that you don't have to make abilities and balancing is quite easy now.

jesus, thats quite a project hehe: - ) .. i'm currently strugling with my own just 7 heroes with only 27 abilities :- )

Good luck with your project, looking forward to see more details

Details Added. ^^

lawl, create those heroes yourself or at least show us what you currently got, we need a proper alpha stage map to see where we have to put what!

PAY ATTENTION! The original version of this forum post had a link to the map, in fact all versions of this post have. If you want to pick out things about something, pay attention first!

Level 13
Being able to purchase skills for your hero may cause serious balance issues. Consider this, and realize that a lot of extra time is going to need to go into balancing in order to achieve this. A great deal of restrictions will be necessary.

You can get away with one or two non-Trigger enhanced spells. Hell, DotA does. But there is no excuse to make every spell or even a majority of the spells non-triggered. Do your homework, and execute the work necessary to make this a fun and original map.

Level 4
you can make spells without triggers!
not to difficulty

That's NOT what I'm trying to do!

Being able to purchase skills for your hero may cause serious balance issues. Consider this, and realize that a lot of extra time is going to need to go into balancing in order to achieve this. A great deal of restrictions will be necessary.

You can get away with one or two non-Trigger enhanced spells. Hell, DotA does. But there is no excuse to make every spell or even a majority of the spells non-triggered. Do your homework, and execute the work necessary to make this a fun and original map.

I know of this, and balancing with such small stats is kinda harder but I am still able to do this. Im not trying to make all spells triggered, maybe a couple, but for the moment, I just want some spells DONE.

Level 18
Sounds like your good with object editor. If you would like to have a go at balancing and tidying up on the tooltips while adding a couple heroes I could change you to the secondary creator, I really need someone that could help!

Balancing is not my talent sorry.

Concerning tool tip I can review yours (all my maps have good tooltips, nice presentation, colours etc.). I can also send you some example of tooltip for heroes and items.

How many heroes do you need ?

Concerning Skills/Items, is the item is just a "dummy" item ? I mean with the same tooltip than the ability ? Or a unique item which allows the owner to cast the ability ?

EDIT: Concerning balance few rules:
• A max leveled AoE Skill should not kill more than one mob at once (at the best it should low hp all units in the Area).
• A max leveled focusing damages Skill should kill the mob in one shot.
• A high level hero can not be kill by mobs (excepted by a real swarm).
• If you based your map on teamwork heroes can easily be unbalanced (because far more different). It is hard to take its role in the team in account in the balance. So you can set a "team score" for every hero of a team to balance the whole team instead of each hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.