• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey I'm looking for help from good terrainers and map creators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey I'm not very good @ making maps. I just have good concepts. I need help with a 12 player 3v3v3v3 MOBA map called: "Warcraft: Battlegrounds" that I've been sitting on for like 10 years now.

It's supposed to be 12 players on seperate teams.

so four teams with 3 players each.

Team/Force 1 = Horde -> Blood Elves, Orcish Horde, and The Forsaken

Team/Force 2 = Alliance -> Ironforge Alliance, Stormwind Alliance, and Night Elves of Kalimdor

Team/Force 3 = Lich King's Scourge -> Shadow Elves (new concept ... undead night elves [that can get hit by holy light], because the purple buildings are already there), Nerubian Scourge, and Northerend Scourge

Team/Force 4 = The Burning Legion -> Demonic Burning Legion, Black Temple Illidari, and Fel Orcs.

Each specific team/color will be able to summon campaign heroes like Maiev/Jaina/Arthas/Thrall/Cairne/Illidan/Kael/Lady Vashj.etc which will have slightly better stats and varying spells than their Warden/Mage/Death Knight/Shaman(Far Seer)/Warrior(Tauren Chieftan)/Demon Hunter/Blood Mage/Sea Witch.etc counterparts.

ek48iq.jpg

kf39m1.jpg

Here are some screen shots of some completed areas:

Orc mini base (starting area) ... you start with a Hero and a few units that you buy like mercenaries from your buildings (you don't build buildings) Then you creep your way to your main base so you can get higher tier units and more heroes.

fp8cv7.jpg

Here's a pic of the orc base with a hero so you can see the in-game scaling:

2yycyzl.jpg

I wanna make it so you can also get contested neutral bases (like the risk map)

Here's a pic of a neutral goblin base:

30ig9hh.jpg

Here's a pic of the goblin base with the in-game camera:

2zzrrtc.jpg

I just want to concentrate on making the Heroes. They're setup to each have 5 main spells. Passives like Bash, Unholy Aura, Evasion are replaced with the spellbook spell so more spells can be added for every hero (the idea is that this slot will be used for passives and autocasts to avoid complexity [it's a little secret I've been sitting on for a REALLY long time now]).

All the heroes keep their old spells and I added minimal new ones (pandaren brew master loses his ult) (the 3 pandas have their death dissipate animation enabled and are used as 3 new neutral heroes) a pandaren neutral base is yet to be made.

So yeah if anyone is willing to take over the terraining I'd be happy to email them the map.

add me on skype userID is astaroexploit

Thanks.
Hope to hear from you soon. :)

PS I can't zoom out to show the whole map it's as big as possible with a custom tileset.

I'm trying right now but it's taking long....

Here ... it took like 10 min

14dkdtz.jpg

Originally is was meant to be an RPG... I'm changing it to a MOBA instead that's entirely MICRO BASED where players control 4-5 Heroes and a small squad of units (no large armies).

The north west part of the map is where the Northerend Scourge's main and mini bases will be located. North East is reserved for Human(alliance)/Dwarves/Night Elf...etc. South east is where the Burning Legion, Fel Orcs and Illidari will be based and the south west is where the Orcish Horde, Blood Elves and Forsaken will be located. Other neutral conquerable bases will be sprawled across the map and will be available to all players until someone conquers the base by defeating their defensive forces. The neutral bases will always be under contention and can be conquered by other teams. Examples of neutral forces are the Pandaren, Goblins (granting you the use of goblin zepplins, alchemy items like potions, heroes like the alchemist and the tinker and buildings like the goblin laboratory which grants the use of zepplins, building demolition via bomb squads and goblin mines along with additional scouting abilities.), Blood Elf... Undead... Fel Orc... Forest Trolls.... Ogres.... Demons... Eredar (dranei)... corrupted dranei.... Mercenary Humans.... The Firelord will have a base in the very middle of the map.

Some Heroes will only be available for summoning after you've completed a quest line mid to late game. (like the resurrection of Grom Hellscream that will only be available to the 3 players on the Horde faction). These types of heroes have to be slightly overpowered and stronger than the campaign heroes making them top tier. So a hero tier list would be:

'God' Tier - Quest Heroes (Grom/Archimonde/Mannoroth.etc)
Top Tier - Campaign Heroes (Jaina/Thrall/Illidan/Sylvanas[undead forsaken]/Kael/Rexxar.etc)
Normal Tier - Generic Melee map Heroes (Paladin/Demon Hunter/Warden/Blade Master/Blood Mage.etc)

NOTE: Only 1 of the three players will be able take control/summon Quest Heroes and Campaign Heroes with priority going to the player that's controlling the hero's native faction. So Forsaken gets 'first dibbs' on Sylvanas early on (after the forsaken player picks their 1st hero and they don't pick Sylvanas and they pick Varimathras or a generic hero then the option of summoning Sylvanas opens up to the Blood Elves and Orcish Horde teams) same goes for heroes like Jaina/Kael/Thrall/Arthas/Illidan...etc

I'd like to add team modes too where you can go Horde & Alliance vs Sourge & Burning Leagion (6v6) .... 12 player FFA woudn't work because of the proximity and integration of the 2 nearby allied forces.

I have no idea how to do this sort of stuff that's why I need a map making pro to pretty much take over.

Edited to remove additional post

Here's a screenshot of the warden & her avatar fighting some neutral hostiles:

ann1hw.jpg

(the spirit of vengeance spell has 3 levels and the avatar gets all of the warden's regular spells and abilities so far the avatar of vengeance gets all 4 of the warden's main spells @ level 1 2 and 3 in unit spell equivalents [I'd like to add a trigger where the avatar's spells change based on the level of the warden's hero abilities] so instead of avatar level 1 only having level 1 Fan of Knives/Blink/Shadow Strike ...etc the avatar's abilities would be equal to the warden's current spell set so if you leveled your blink to level 3 @ level 5 then the avatar level 1 would have level 3 blink instead of level 1 blink ..etc.)

the new spell added is called: "Blade Sentry" (derived from the Diablo 2 assassin and based off of the Shadow Hunter's Serpent Ward spell) [Currently it's not using the spellbook layer, that will soon change ... so the warden and the avatar will be gaining a passive poison attack (dryad or poison orb[melee]), critical and evasion (pandaren), and Elune's Grace (archer). through the blade sentry spell so you'll only have to press two keys to summon the sentries (obviously this would matter for spells like fan of knives/blink/shadow strike and that's why they've been kept the same)]

@ level 3 Spirit of Vengeance the avatar will have permanent invisibility like level 3 spirit wolves. (the avatar no longer summons units like before and isn't ranged)... it's meant to be a unit that's almost as good as your Warden hero.

Blade Sentry looks like a stationary glaive that fires bouncing huntress glaives and deals area of effect damage in a small radius around itself in conjunction with the huntress glaive bouncing missle ranged damage.

NOTE: the Blade Sentry icon will be moved to the left of the shadow meld icon for in-game neatness

I merely provided this example so you can get a greater idea of how the heroes will be changed.

(Before I used to use a morph ability [like the druid of the claw/talon or the warrior stances and druid forms from WoW] that changed each hero's spell set, but I found that because of the additional spell icon slot that opens up when you are max level that the ability icons fall victim to skewing so I decided to lessen the amount of abilities for each hero [with the hero morph method each hero had 13 spells {which would be fine if you're only controlling ONE hero} and went with the spell book method which leaves the smallest keypress footprint when microing.] to 1 'spellbook' hero ability for non-critical spells that levels normally like all other hero spells for 3 levels so it makes aura's/passives/auto casts/etc. a bit stronger and more engaging.)

Last edited:
Level 2
Terraining and general map creation. So pretty much everything. There's a lot to do.

If you can provide terraining help that caters to the style that I've posted in the screenshots then feel free to add me on skype userID is astaroexploit.

The buildings have to look big and the terrain, trees, structures and doodas can't obscure vision for areas where players will be fighting and moving around with their heroes and units.

(I press C a lot to see the in-game camera mode so I can make sure that buildings don't obscure units)

All the buildings also need new pathing maps with 'no fly' (white) squares to make sure that air units don't get covered by a building's geoset. [I made a post where I asked how to make new pathing maps and someone helped me figure it out so I already know how to do it myself.... it will just take looooooooong].

Things I don't know how to do yet are:

* -- make a neutral base conquerable like the warcraft Risk map through regions and triggers

* -- give the blade master a leap spell like the one from the "Tides of Blood" map (which is based off of a trigger that uses cluster rockets [replacing the single missle used in the spell with the blade master's model in a leap animation] and the beast master's bear's blink ability)... from what I remember.

* -- make it so Campaign Heroes look Greyed out @ the "Town Hall" building that works like a Tavern and Mercenary camp become available to a player after another player on their team picks their 1st hero (because I'm in-experienced with triggers... making a 'Town Hall' work like a tavern and merc camp is easy)

* -- How to set up Quest Givers (like in campaign maps)

* -- ...and much much more...

These are things I can learn eventually.... it will just take EVEN MORE time for me to do it all on my own, and if it wasn't for websites like this one it would be impossible. ;)

I posted this so hopefully someone helps me finish it so people can have fun playing a good map... or at the very least hopefully someone just takes my ideas and implements them in their map.

....or you could just play FOOTMAN FRENZY ALL DAY!!! YEAH!

Last edited:
Level 4
Terraining and general map creation. So pretty much everything. There's a lot to do.

If you can provide terraining help that caters to the style that I've posted in the screenshots then feel free to add me on skype userID is astaroexploit.

The buildings have to look big and the terrain, trees, structures and doodas can't obscure vision for areas where players will be fighting and moving around with their heroes and units.

(I press C a lot to see the in-game camera mode so I can make sure that buildings don't obscure units)

All the buildings also need new pathing maps with 'no fly' (white) squares to make sure that air units don't get covered by a building's geoset. [I made a post where I asked how to make new pathing maps and someone helped me figure it out so I already know how to do it myself.... it will just take looooooooong].

Things I don't know how to do yet are:

* -- make a neutral base conquerable like the warcraft Risk map through regions and triggers

* -- give the blade master a leap spell like the one from the "Tides of Blood" map (which is based off of a trigger that uses cluster rockets [replacing the single missle used in the spell with the blade master's model in a leap animation] and the beast master's bear's blink ability)... from what I remember.

* -- make it so Campaign Heroes look Greyed out @ the "Town Hall" building that works like a Tavern and Mercenary camp become available to a player after another player on their team picks their 1st hero (because I'm in-experienced with triggers... making a 'Town Hall' work like a tavern and merc camp is easy)

* -- How to set up Quest Givers (like in campaign maps)

* -- ...and much much more...

These are things I can learn eventually.... it will just take EVEN MORE time for me to do it all on my own, and if it wasn't for websites like this one it would be impossible. ;)

I posted this so hopefully someone helps me finish it so people can have fun playing a good map... or at the very least hopefully someone just takes my ideas and implements them in their map.

....or you could just play FOOTMAN FRENZY ALL DAY!!! YEAH!

I´m not good in terrarining, but I can help in the all other things that you described now.

Level 2
I'm good at terraining(maybe). You can check this map as an example of my skill. but still 25% filled. If you agree. i will help you at terrainning

Attachments

• example map.w3x
    147.6 KB · Views: 99
Level 2
hello, im actually looking to make some team work in the creation of maps since im really good at ideating maps and suggestions, im also good to make items and units for especific types of gameplays and also im a good artist so icould make loadscreens and icons for the game.

if u need that kind of help send me a message and we can coordinate to make this map good ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.