• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New RP/DnD style map project! Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Introduction: Hey guys! I've been into RPing for many years now, and I have grown very fond of VDnD. But I have noticed that lately there haven't been any good mods of the game, despite the game lacking some features that I feel are important to any RP map. I've laid out my plans and goals below.

THE GOAL:To create an DnD style map that features the simplicity and effectiveness of Vuen's DnD, but also includes more creative freedom for both players and the DM's.

THE PLAN:What I am hoping to do is to remove most of the custom models from current DnD games, and replace the hero choices with more spell choices that are more congruent to what is found in DnDv4.0.

What the players can expect: Each class will feature 3 spell books, each one representing their spot in the world. They start from the lowly level 1 and slowly rise to power until they have the strength to shape mountains when they reach level 30. Level 30 heroes are capable of even the most amazing feats.

The Heroic Tier: The heroic tier is when the heroes are between the levels of 1 and 10. In the heroic tier, many of the quests feature mundane tasks, like killing lowly bandits, or searching for lost tomes. Many heroic tier spells become obsolete as the heroes reach Paragon and above. Each classes heroic tier spell book will feature unique and flavored spells Inspired directly from DnD v4.0 Player's Handbook.

The Paragon Tier:The paragon tier is for heroes between the levels of 11 and 20. In the Paragon tier, heroes become more accustomed to being able to overcome extreme obstacles. Quests in this level range feature more intense requests, like killing Dragons, and traversing dangerous dungeons. Each classes Paragon tier spell book will feature unique and flavored spells Inspired directly from DnD v4.0 Player's Handbook.

The Epic Tier:The epic tier is for heroes between the levels of 21 and 30. In the epic tier, heroes become so powerful that they are capable of shaping the fate of entire worlds. They are able to overcome nearly any obstacle, and can even turn the tides of a massive war. They choose their Epic Destiny, or how their character will live on after their prime, in the epic tier. Each classes Epic tier spell book will feature unique and flavored spells Inspired directly from DnD v4.0 Player's Handbook.

What the DM's can expect: I personally believe the system in VDnD is far superior to the system of any other RP map I've ever played. It is so simple to create anything, and all it takes is a simple click of the mouse. However, VDnD falls short in offering the same amount of creative freedom that some other RP maps include. The two main features I hope to include as a change from previous DnD maps is the ability to place doodads as well as the ability to change the terrain.

Doodads: Have you ever been playing VDnD and wish that you could have placed something like a city building instead of having your towns look somewhat bland and featureless? I know that I have.

So the goal is to add many of the most commonly needed doodads into the game using their simple WorldEditor names, and have them be spawned in the same way that any other unit is. For example, you type the word "campfire" and then right click anywhere you wish for a camp fire to be created.

Terrain: Now I'm not hoping to have anywhere near the amount of terrain options as some other RP maps because some of them are redundant or not needed. But I do want to give the DM's the opportunity to better represent trails or city landscapes through the use of the terrain.

Units: One thing that has always bothered me about VDnD is the lack of real excitement in combat, especially in boss fights. So my idea is to create prefabricated bosses that the DM's can easily access. These bosses will function similarly to the ones featured in the map Impossible Bosses, and will give the players excitement in combat that currently isn't present. These bosses will be broken up by level difficulty for more DM ease.

What I need from you guys:

1-3 Triggerers. The more experience you have with VDnD's system, the easier it will be.

1-2 Spell creators. Its your goal to create unique hero spells that keep the game fun and especially balanced as the game progresses.

1-2 Unit/Boss creators. The bosses should have a few special abilities that pose a challenge to heroes that range from levels 1 to 30.

If you think you might be interested in becoming a part of this project, please reply here or send me a PM. Any comments are appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.