• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Some Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone of Hive! I am recruiting for some people to help me in the overall map-making process.

I am making an RPG map for Warcraft 3 with inspiration springing from the old Twilight's Eve ORPG map.
I currently have no name for this project.

Ultimately, I am looking for Four people other than myself. I intend to be the primary editor on the map (so like 60% or more of the map will be made by me.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what I'm looking for:
-Everyone must be willing to playtest and offer balancing ideas.
-This is a project for fun, so the idea is not to feel overburdened by helping me, as I said above I'll be doing most of the work, where you clean up and help me develop things I cannot.
-This also means you'll be working for free. I will contact you when I need your help.

Camera Man:

-know how to make cinematics and create good visual effects during cutscenes.

Ability Maker:

-be able to make more complex abilties for higher tier Heroes or Enemies/Bosses
-Willing to offer ideas for lower tier or "wandering"/wild creeps
-Willing to teach me how to manipulate code in order to make abilities.

A Playtester:
-play the map when possible testing for both singleplayer balancing and multiplayer balancing.
-You will be doing nothing but playtesting for balance.

General Trigger Editor:
-be able to build advanced trigger systems including revival, placements, loot, etc.
-potentially make abilities

I will mostly be doing storyboarding, dialogue, quest details, terraining, unit creation and balancing, and just a bit of everything.

Map Name: *Still need one*
Genre: RPG
Author(s): Myself, currently
Features, both current and wanted:
-Multi Class Selection (Basic RPG Heroes/etc. Warrior, Mage.. blah de blah)
-PvP Arena where you can do 1v1, 2v2, or 1v2+
-Personal Hero naming (you can do like "-name Bob" and your hero's name : "Bob the level 1 Mage")
-Save/Load in-game, without need for codes.
-Working Necromancer in PvE format. (As in, mass Undead summoner, not just necrotic abilities)
-Over 20 Maximum tier classes.
-Open-world boss fights, as well as closed dungeon fighting
-20 player support (Once 1.29 comes through)
-Max map size (Also once 1.29 comes through)
-Unique dialogue for EACH hero/player controlled unit.

Let me know if you're interested. Also, send me a link to your work, so I know how good/bad you are, depending on position wanted (Camera Man, and General Trig. need this)

Level 4
Thanks! Check my sig for my Discord link. You'll find me there as "Pro Pro Project Lead."

Also: I am specifically looking for play-testers to help me check for balancing/etc. for the introduction (Unranked or Tier 0 area)

Status
Not open for further replies.