• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project "Warcraft 4" (looking for staff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all,
I've set up a project for myself in which I wanted to close the gap between WC3TFT and WoW. Now I'm sure it's been done before and thought of before but I never really saw anyone with a finished version.

My plans are as follows:
Try to upkeep the original melee feel, add diversity to the original TFT gameplay, introduce 4 or more races.

At the moment I've preserved the original 4, adjusted some slightly, and am setting up:
The Bloodelf Exiles
The Burning Legion
The Naga Empire (needs another name)
The Xavian Corrupted (needs better name too)

Possible on the do-list once others are done:
The Forsaken
The Gurubashi Trolls

Anyhow, this all sounds promising, but I'm pretty new to modding myself so I'm going to need some help.

What I'm looking for
  • concept artists (for unit/building/hero/lore ideas)
  • someone experienced with triggers (my knowledge is basic - running into issues)
  • (SOON!) playtesters (to help make game balance)

What I'd keep my eye open for:
Models and Icons.

Need new models for:
-3 Corrupted heroes

I have placeholders but I'd like something more fitting for:
-Burning Legion warmill/smelter (HellWarmill by _ViRus_
-Burning Legion townhall (CruelCloister by Gottfrei)
-Burning Legion magic hall (DemonicSanctuary by Gottfrei)
-Corrupted building (Blizzard Nightelf recolored buildings)
-Corrupted altar (Dead NIGHT ELF in altar by inico)

Last edited:
Level 7
sounds fun but i saw some things like this before so it is not quite origional but if you do this properly balance it and keep a meele feeling
it could be cool

but you should find someone before getting to involved or you will find youre self bored

if you need any brain storming soon or balancing in the beta i will be glad to help

Level 2
Dantark said:
Can help with triggers
I could use some help here.

sounds fun but i saw some things like this before so it is not quite origional but if you do this properly balance it and keep a meele feeling
it could be cool
You are right, the idea isn't original, but seeing as to how noone ever made a finished map with this purpose I see it as a challenge. ;)

but you should find someone before getting to involved or you will find youre self bored
This is where a team comes in.

if you need any brain storming soon or balancing in the beta i will be glad to help
Want to become a concept artist and help me make ideas?

And this goes to all interested. Contact me with:
MSN/Mail: [email protected]
Xfire: hollygun

Level 11
Actually there is Wc4 mod in development...
Hero%20Warden.jpg

Level 4
Interesting, however it seems that they are more focused (at least for now, I was unable to find any of the intentions for their mod on their website) on replacing the models of the current race with WoW exports (I assume. Something about all the screenshots containing models that are visually the exact same as ones in WoW makes me suspicious, but heck, they could have made them), where as this project is more focused on creating more Melee races that will fit along with the others in an attempt to make melee more interesting, while sticking with lore.

Wall of text crits you for 99999k. \endspeculation

Level 2
You do realise that there's a lot of stuff around in the communities, as well as in the game itself, that can be used to work with until better things are made?

Besides, the a lot of models for my factions are already in game that can work for the time being?

Pretty worthless comment, mate.

Level 14
You do realise that there's a lot of stuff around in the communities, as well as in the game itself, that can be used to work with until better things are made?

Besides, the a lot of models for my factions are already in game that can work for the time being?

Pretty worthless comment, mate.

Well, I'm just saying. GL with your project

Level 13
lol there is a warcraft 4 already being made so ya theres anther project like this i think its in i forgot what sites its on buts its 1 with a lots of wow rips

Level 2
Project is officially on a hiatus or pretty much dead (for some time now btw).

Thanks for the imput.

Status
Not open for further replies.