• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timeless Clash - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
OK, I'm making a map for Warcraft 3 where everything (even buildings), is a hero (with a max level of 30). The buildings use mana to create units, the buildings are created with lumber, and upgrades are bought with gold. When a unit reaches a certain level (usually 10), it can upgrade into a level 1 of a different unit of the second tier. Most units will have 3 or so upgrades like this, and many will have a choice of upgrades at some point in this process. Most abilites for units cost no mana, only actual spells (so War Stomp would be free, but Firebolt (unless on a dragon or lava monster) would cost mana). Some units, Epics, are level 1 but are very strong, and can still level.

It is intended to be a normal melee map, with all creeps heros as well. There will also be different races ( a star on a unit in this list means it cannot use items, no buildings can use items but some can store them), which I hope to be :

Polar Empire --- Medium-High Strength, Average Agility, Average-Poor Intelligence

Polar Furbolg Scout, Tier 1
Polar Furbolg Dartslinger, Tier 2 ---> Polar Tracker, Tier 3
Polar Furbolg Brawler, Tier 2 ---> Polar Ursa, Tier 3
Polar Furbolg Apprentice (give an item to a Scout), Tier 2 ---> Polar Shaman, Tier 3

*Polar Wolf, Tier 1
*Polar Hunter, Tier 2 ---> *Polar Dire Wolf, Tier 3
*Polar War Wolf, Tier 2 ---> *Polar Death Wolf, Tier 3

*Polar Mammoth, Tier 1 Epic
*Icetusk Mammoth, Tier 2 Epic

*Polar Ice Giant, Tier 1 Epic

Polar Troll, Tier 1
Polar Troll Tracker, Tier 2 ---> Polar Troll Warrior, Tier 3 ---> Polar Troll Champion, Tier 4
Polar Troll Priest (give Troll an item), Tier 2 ---> Polar Troll High Priest, Tier 3

Scout Igloo
Wolf Den
Mammoth Igloo
Troll Totem
Stash Igloo
Polar Tower ---> Polar Ice-tower ---> Polar Freeze Tower

Beastman Tribes --- High Strength, Average-Low Agility, Below Average Intelligence

Centaur Drudge, Tier 1
Centaur Warrior, Tier 2 ---> Centaur Khan-guardian, Tier 3
Centaur Sorceror (give Drudge an item), Tier 2 ---> Centaur Firelord, Tier 3

Centaur Archer, Tier 1
Centaur Raider, Tier 2 ---> Centaur Pillager, Tier 3
Centaur Spearhurler, Tier 2 ---> Centaur Impaler, Tier 3

*Tamed Boar, Tier 1
*Dire Boar, Tier 2 ---> Great-tusk Boar, Tier 3
*Razorback Boar, Tier 2

Centaur Khan, Tier 1 Epic
Centaur Great Khan, Tier 2 Epic

Minotaur Youngblood, Tier 1
Minotaur Tribewarrior, Tier 2 ---> Minotaur Axemaster, Tier 3
Minotaur Mystic (give Youngblood an item), Tier 2 ---> Minotaur Spirit-Mystic, Tier 3

Minotaur Champion, Tier 1 Epic
Minotaur Warlord, Tier 2 Epic

Minotaur Tent
Archer Tent
Warrior Tent
Boar Burrow
Mystic's Tent
Khan Tent
Warlord Tent
Sentry Post

Amazon Warbands--- Average Strength, Medium-High Agility, Average Intelligence

Amazon Fistfighter, Tier 1
Amazon Archer, Tier 2 ---> Amazon Venom-Archer, Tier 3
Amazon Priestess, Tier 2 ---> Amazon Serpent-Witch, Tier 3

Amazon Battlecat, Tier 1

Amazon Panther-Rider (created when a Fistfighter mounts a Battlecat), Tier 2

Cult of Shadows--- Average Strength, Average Agility, High Intelligence

Note: The Cult of Shadows have generally more upgrades per unit, and get them at lower levels, but these upgrades only equate to around half or two-thirds of a regular tier in power.

Cultist Brethren, Tier 1
Cultist Beater, Tier 2 ---> Cultist Thug, Tier 3 ---> Cultist Brute, Tier 4
Cultist Bowman, Tier 2 ---> Cultist Rogue, Tier 3 ---> Cultist Assassin, Tier 4
Cultist Apprentice, Tier 2 ---> Cultist Magi, Tier 3 ---> Cultist Necromancer, Tier 4

*Cultist Possessed, Tier 1
*Restless Ghast, Tier 2 ---> Ghostly Voidwalker, Tier 3 ---> Shadowy Planeswalker, Tier 4
*Unliving Carrion, Tier 2 ---> Undying Fiend, Tier 3 ---> Crypt Monstrosity, Tier 4
*Beckoning Ghost, Tier 2 ---> Siren Spirit, Tier 3 ---> Shimmering Banshee, Tier 4
*Cultist Thrall, Tier 2 ---> Lesser Vampire, Tier 3 ---> Black Vampire, Tier 4

*Black Wolf, Tier 1
*Daemonic Wolf, Tier 2 ---> Daemon-Spawn Beast, Tier 3
*Unliving Wolf, Tier 2

Raised Zombie, Tier 0.5 (raised by Cultist Necromancers)
Skeletal Swordsman, Tier 1 ---> Skeletal Champion, Tier 2 ---> Skeletal Crusher, Tier 3
Skeletal Archer, Tier 1 ---> Skeletal Marksman, Tier 2 ---> Skeletal Stalker, Tier 3

Vampire Noble, Epic Tier 1
Vampire Lord, Epic Tier 2

Corpse Giant, Epic Tier 1
Corpse Titan, Epic Tier 2

Cultist Hall
Corrupted Wolf Den
Vampire Castle
Graveyard
Ritual Ziggurat

Creeps (These probably won't be able to upgrade themselves even though they follow tiers, but maybe I'll trigger so that some can)

To be added.

The other two races will be detailed as the project progresses. Most of the Polar Empire units are in so far, but the abilites need to be added to most too. I am looking for someone to take the map with all the unit's data, and add a battlefield to it so it can become a proper game, and also fix the triggers so they don't leak.

Feedback on the idea is welcome.

Last edited:
Level 11
Although promising, I advise you to make a custom XP system. Try to make it like the unit XP system in Broken Alliances, where you just level the abilities, instead of giving them hero XP. This way you would prevent the left side of teh screen from being flooded and when you are attacked Our hero has fallen every 30 seconds

Level 6
The heros, when they die, are removed from the screen left-side.

Is there a way to make it that Heros don't appear on the left of the screen ? I think I saw it in one map, but I'm not sure how they did it. I could do that for the buildings and normal units if it's possible. Epics would stay on the hero section on the left.

The XP system will probably stay as hero XP, (especially if the heros can be taken off the left of the screen) because lots of the things depend on learning skills, so when you level up you can take different skills.

All units have a +1 to each stat ability that can be bought 3 times, 1-2 battle skills and 0-3 upgrade skills. I want to keep it as hero XP so when you get to Level 10, you unlock a certain upgrade, but if you wait, at level 12 you could unlock another, stronger upgrade (as an example).

Status
Not open for further replies.