• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So today i was in a shop. Saw that they were selling WoW Cata for 10 euros so i bought it, but problem is after i installed it i go to battle.net click locate the game and choose the folder where i installed it just says this folder doesnt contain the correct version of this game. Please check the game installation path and try again. I chose again and still doesnt work. I also did the redeem code, but it just says this code doesnt work anymore, because of its outdated so how can i get this to work without having to buy MoP? I mean are there any update things i need to do.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Well you need every single expansion up to cataclysm in order to use it.

You can buy battlechest for like 20€ and it includes:
classic, burning crusade, wrath of the lichking, and cata. You also get one month of free game time.

edit: also a good tip is to use recruit a friend, it give you 300% exp if you play with the one who recruited you. You can also grant the one who recruits you levels.

Level 9
I just saw that on the box thingy it says i need BC and WotLK to install it.
Edit: I just checked from one shop how much that battlechest is. Freaking 24 Euros. Damn you blizzard for doing such thing, that you have to buy like every single goddamn exp.

Last edited:
Are you looking at the right link?

On EU, it should be 15 euros for vanilla, burning crusade, wrath, cata, and MoP, plus tax:
https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft

Not a bad deal considering it costs 15 bucks to play each month anyway. So it is kind of like you're just paying for the game time and not for the expacs themselves.

Level 9
Are you looking at the right link?

On EU, it should be 15 euros for vanilla, burning crusade, wrath, cata, and MoP, plus tax:
https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft

Not a bad deal considering it costs 15 bucks to play each month anyway. So it is kind of like you're just paying for the game time and not for the expacs themselves.
I wasnt looking at battle.net shop, but a shop that is in my country.

Yeah. Some shops keep things in stock forever, so you'll end up with a mismatch between what you should buy and what is available.

In general, you should buy it from blizzard directly unless you are 100% sure what you're getting from it. If you buy it from blizzard directly, you can easily get support from them for your purchase, and you can get refunds if necessary. An ordinary shop wouldn't be able to provide that support if your key isn't working.

In my opinion, you should try returning the cata purchase if you can, and buy the digital version I linked above. You can download the game directly off the internet (it will take a long time, depending on your internet, but you are guaranteed to be ready to play after it). Box sets are only used for sentimental purposes. I haven't boughten a box set since wrath. :p

Level 9
Yeah. Some shops keep things in stock forever, so you'll end up with a mismatch between what you should buy and what is available.

In general, you should buy it from blizzard directly unless you are 100% sure what you're getting from it. If you buy it from blizzard directly, you can easily get support from them for your purchase, and you can get refunds if necessary. An ordinary shop wouldn't be able to provide that support if your key isn't working.

In my opinion, you should try returning the cata purchase if you can, and buy the digital version I linked above. You can download the game directly off the internet (it will take a long time, depending on your internet, but you are guaranteed to be ready to play after it). Box sets are only used for sentimental purposes. I haven't boughten a box set since wrath. :p
Hey one question though. Ive been looking at the European Blizzard shop and it seems they dont sell novels. Ive only seen they selling novels in an american shop i think and i dont have dollars too so is there any way i could buy Warcraft novels for euros and somewhere in European, because if i would buy from the America shop the transport would become hecka expensive.

Level 24
Speaking of Sweden I just go into the local Bokia store and order the book and it arrives within a week probably works in your country as well.

Level 17
i think the free upgrade is still on bc, so you have to buy wotlk, cata, mop and wod to play current content, however if you just buy the original one you can play on outland ^^ they just wont let you go to northrend and the other zones .. but look on the bright side once you buy all the expansions you only have to pay them 15 bucks every month to play on the newest content : D

Status
Not open for further replies.