• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Installation Failed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
This is the error I get when I try to install World of Warcraft :hohum:
I've tried the game before on a friends account. But I deciced to go ahead and buy the game myself. So I got myself the WoW BattleChest, including World of Warcraft & The Burning Crusade.

However, when the installation reaches 98% I get the following error:

Sorry, Installation has failed.

The file CProgram FilesWorld of Warcraft.tempData.tempcommon.MPQ.temp could not be renamed to CProgram FilesWorld of Warcraft.tempData.tempcommon.MPQ. (ConflictManagerResolveConflicts1)
The file CProgram FilesWorld of Warcraft.tempData.tempcommon.MPQ.temp could not be deleted. (ConflictManagerUncreateObjects)
The folder CProgram FilesWorld of Warcraft.tempData.temp could not be deleted. (ConflictManagerUncreateObjects)
The folder CProgram FilesWorld of Warcraft.temp could not be deleted. (ConflictManagerUncreateObjects)

Then I'm all like: What... the... fuck?

Anyone here who might know how to solve this issue?

Level 9
That happened to my friend.I think he then copy & pasted the files on CD to the WoW folder or something.

Level 34
Happened to me on my friends computer. We just decided to run WoW across his network.

Status
Not open for further replies.