• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DirectX not installing properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Recently, I've clean-installed windows 7 from Vista, which as most of you know pretty much nukes everything off the computer and leaves the old files in a windows.old folder, which I've recently deleted to help speed up my computer. Now, I've got everything I want installed with the exeption of games that require DirectX. They simply will not work without it, and I can't seem to figure it out. I've tried installing it, restartng, re-installing, restarting. Pretty much everything in that kind of aspect. But still a directX error.

Can anybody think of a reason why it wont work?

Level 27
Just install the directX that comes with the game or else search for the directX that the game uses on google and download it from a link there. I did that for example with OFDR which always gives an error for some reason but is easily fixed if i download and install directX 9.0c mannualy.

Status
Not open for further replies.