• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help With ultimate ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've recently (like today) started a project, I was drawing up ideas for the first hero after distracting myself from poorly terraining.

I'm kind of stumped right now on the final aspects of the ultimate. A couple of abilities will be altered based on the tactical stance a player chooses (i.e. Offensive will grant increased damage and reduced damage ability cooldowns/costs, defensive will grant increased damage reduction and enhance survival abilities, while a balanced choice will enhance both offensive and defensive abilities but with reduced effect in respect to a pure offense or defense choice.)

Without further to do, here's my current hero idea.

A fallen hero of ages past, so long ago did it fight and die for a cause far greater than one could comprehend. He was the guardian, the sentinel of an immense power; for six hundred years did he succeed in his task, but the power faded from the world, and with it; him. Now all that remains is a specter of his once glorious being in a darkened vengeance against time itself and the intent to unleash it's malice.

Thunder Sword: Slams the ground in front of the hero with a bolt of lightning, damaging all enemies in a line.

Meteor Strike: Calls a meteor to strike the target area, dealing damage and stunning enemies.

(Offensive) Energy Discharge: Every time the Risen is attacked or attacks there is a chance the enemy will suffer a powerful discharge of energy.

(Defensive) Unbreakable Armor: All incoming spell and physical damage is reduced.

(Balanced) Living Steel: The hero regenerates life at an increased rate, critical attacks are now stronger. (This most likely will be changed, given any ideas or not)

Recall: Any spell has a chance of being cast again a second time, at no cost to the hero, but reduced damage. (75% normal damage on spells, 50% damage on ultimate)

Catastrophe: (Ultimate)
(Defensive) Implosion: Draws all creatures into the center of the spell focal point, causing massive damage.

Basically going for a bit of a badass warrior mage.
That's all I have for this hero right now, if anyone is wondering on the map type, it's most likely going to be single player campaign style.

Thanks in advance.

Level 23
One thing Ive learned and still need to repeatedly drum into my head is that how you imagine a hero is not neccesarily how it will work.

1) If you cant decide on a good ability simply add what you feel at the moment, remembering to add a placeholder tag for future refrence.

2) Playtest the hero, an from there add what you feel is lacking in the current kit.

3) Sometimes an ability that you add on a whim may end up working wonderfully even though you never believed so on the drawing board. Simillarly, an ability that looks well planned on paper may not function ingame as you hoped.

All I can say, is don't worry too hard about getting a perfect skillset down on paper. Theres always a chance to update it when you have better ideas.

Level 28
Catastrophe

Summoning the powers of destruction, the Risen calls up a single massive sphere of devastation.

All units in the area of effect take heavy damage every second, and units outside are struck at random by black lightning.

Mana Storm (Channeling)

After a few seconds of meditation, the gates of the material plane are opened, unleashing torrent of raw magic on the hero's foes.

Causes random negative status effects to units in a large AoE around the hero, and a chance to instantly kill them.

Magewrath

Having trained for years in the ways of sword and sorcery, the Risen pushes his skill in both to the limit.

Gains additional armor, damage, hitpoints and attack speed, along with a random offensive and defensive ability (splash damage/bash/incinerate/poison, spiked carapace/spell immunity/evasion/blink etc.).

Level 30
Spectral Image
-The Risen summons ghost like or spectral image of him into the battlefield with him, each image deals only a percentage of the main hero's damage. Once an image has been destroyed, it will detonate itself dealing damage and blinding enemies around the Area of Effect.

Soul Pierce
-Pierces through an enemy, dealing heavy damage and knockbacking it a distance. Also gives negative armor buff to the enemy that lasts for a period of time.

Shadow Dance
-The Risen unleashes dark bolts around him hitting on the areas around him then each bolts detonates after some distances traveled, dealing damage to enemies in the detonation's AOE.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Direct damage is not very defensive... In fact it is generally consider the opposite...

Catastrophe: (Ultimate)
(Offensive) Implosion: Draws all creatures into the centre of the spell focal point, causing massive damage.
(Defensive) Explosion: Pushes all creatures away from the target point dealing minor damage and stunning for a long length of time.
(Balanced) Gravity Disruption: Lifts all creatures in the target area into the air for a reasonable length of time. While in the air the unit is unable to act and suffers heavy loss of armor. Deals additional minor damage when units land.

Level 28
Desecration

The vengeful dead demand justice on those who desecrate their final resting place. Every fallen warrior around the Risen grabs the defiler and holds him tight.

Every enemy unit located on a corpse is stunned for a short while, using the Soul Gem animation. All corpses are then destroyed, denying their use by necromancers.

Status
Not open for further replies.