• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with territory system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want to create a territorial system, as in The Settlers 4. If someone doesn't know there are towers that expand your territory and new buildings/towers can be builded only on your territory. The area is designated with pegs along the border. How can I make this in Warcraft? (I know Jass but I need idea :))
open

Last edited:
Level 31
I want to create a territorial system, as in The Settlers 4. If someone doesn't know there are towers that expand your territory and new buildings/towers can be builded only on your territory. The area is designated with pegs along the border. How can I make this in Warcraft? (I know Jass but I need idea :))
u can check de distance between tower and building that u want to build,

Level 24
You can create a special effect (using GetLocalPlayer() to make it only visible for the owner of the tower) that is the same model as the selection circle and add it around each and every tower.

This ofcourse means that you also see those models in the center of your camp, but this does mean that it gives a nice border.
You could even hide and show those models as long as you have a builder selected.
But that is merely optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.