• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Spawns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've always wondered how the map "WarChasers" were able to make monsters spawn from simple huts automatically.

I wanna be able to do something like that, but I don't know how.
I only know it involves triggers which I have no experience with.
Any help?

Level 11
its not so hard

That's not helpful at all. Yes, it's not so hard, but, from what I see, you asked help too (regarding spawns). What you asked was not hard either, but you got the help you needed, so why don't you try and help this guy instead of mocking him? Anyway, to the point.

Corey, bumping a thread is forbidden unless 48 hours have passed since the initial post. You can try and open the WarChasers map with World Editor and look at its triggers (it's not protected, so you won't have any problems).

Level 11
Well, you can always open WarChasers and find the triggers. Aldo, it works with boolean variables true or false and regions. If you don't have any experience with triggers, then its hard for you. You should go read some tutorials first.

Level 4
Man chill out.I was getting to explain him what kind of triggering mechanism could possibly be.Dont by so offensive...

Anyway forget it...

Level 1
well, i think the buildings can build the units. First in the coded in the event is the waiting time, the conditions, i don't know, then in the actions, order unit to train/upgrade to a ______. wish that gives you an idea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.