• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help with some custom spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi all, im not good in making custom spells and i made like 3 different threads about some of theme:grin: so i post here the spells i dont know how to make.

Get lumber:
i made a spell "make camp fire" and that you need the an (custom) item named "lumber" but now i tried to make a spell that you can select a tree and get 1 lumber in your backpack. my problem is that i dont know what base for the spell i need. it always have a problem that it isn't working.
i want a spell that you target a tree and you get an item in your inventory

Hide in tree:
an ability like shadowmelt or peon burrow, but than you target a tree and than u are "in the tree" so people dont see u. hope this is enough information

i'll credit you if you made a working spell:wink:

thx

ps. if you want to help me with my project, say it:cute:

EDIT:
where can i change the "health name" on the health bar?

Level 16
Seas =)

For the lumber:

You just can use the storm bolt ability - modify everything you want and change the "Targets allowed" to: Tree
Now you create a trigger with if a unit starts the effect of that ability gets a lumber. ( Make sure that the damage of the spell is higher then the hitpoints of the tree )

Level 3
For the hiding: do you want to get inside the tree like you get inside a ship/zeppelin, or simply become invisible?
And what "health name" are you referring to?

Level 4
grimmreapervi: what i really want is a bit advanced, that you become invisible but that they have a chance to see you, but if that isn't possible i dont know what way, what is the different? and the health name of all health things, i want to change it to energy...

Dr. Broom: i shall try it :)

Level 4
but i dont want to kill the tree, he just need to hit like 2 damage or something :) you get a bundle of lumber, not a whole tree.

Level 3
grimmreapervi: what i really want is a bit advanced, that you become invisible but that they have a chance to see you, but if that isn't possible i dont know what way, what is the different? and the health name of all health things, i want to change it to energy...

Dr. Broom: i shall try it :)

What you're saying is possible. When a unit comes near your unit, you can have a ( example ) 50% chance of staying invisible and 50% chance of revealing yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.