• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom harvest (wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys!

I have a problem but before explain this problem I'll explain what I want to do.

I want do :

A custom harvest system >

An unit have harvest custom spell.
This unit can right click OR (and if possible) select a tree with his spell.

When the unit cast his spell >
Work animation on the tree and add 1 wood when the unit hit 5 times the tree (after 5 times the tree is dead)

So it's like the NE harvest system but it's with an animation and triggered (gui friendly if possible)

My main problem is :

Which spell can i pick for my custom spell ? I tried "sentinel" and a lot of other spells : dont work.

The triggered part is relativly simple (add 1 wood, after 5 times = dead...ect), so I prefer if you help me for my main problem :)

I hope you understand my bad english and you'll can help me :)

Level 3
Hey! thank you for answers but i used channel (like 99% of my custom spells) but it's dont work with trees it why i tried sentinel (sentinel work with trees, but the owl stay anyway in the tree).

Level 10
if i got pOke right, i would create an enemy dummy unit next to the targeted tree (with locust and no model etc.) with a dispell ability (with aoe would be best i think --> priest dispell or wisps explode (best way i think as it destroys the dummy btw^^)) and use it on the tree, or its position with a small aoe so you don't dispell trees next to it.... i have NOT tried this, it's just a theory and might work

EDIT: Tested it, and it worked!

Last edited:
if i got pOke right, i would create an enemy dummy unit next to the targeted tree (with locust and no model etc.) with a dispell ability (with aoe would be best i think --> priest dispell or wisps explode (best way i think as it destroys the dummy btw^^)) and use it on the tree, or its position with a small aoe so you don't dispell trees next to it.... i have NOT tried this, it's just a theory and might work

EDIT: Tested it, and it worked!

a. You don't really have to create next to the tree, it's possible with caster's position
b. Wisp Detonate? It might depend on death time. Dispel Magic is safer IMO because you could instant cast it.
c. Why no Locust or no Model? Can't you use Vexorian's dummy for everything?
d. A little problem for Sentinel too. You might dispel a tree with a Sentinel originally there, thus lowering your or your allies vision or whoever's vision.
e. Use Channel. The best.

Level 3
a. Yes
b. Yes

It's doesnt work because we can select trees with this spell (with added 'Tree' to targets allowed ofc) . (it's why i tried sentinel > we can select trees with)

Status
Not open for further replies.