• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harvest Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Alright can I change harvest so that the unit is harvesting gold, but attacks the mine like it is a tree? Or does someone know a trigger that fires every time lumber is returned and that changes the lumber into gold? Basically, I want the unit to harvest gold like it harvests wood.:bored:

Level 6
well, gold mine has some hard-coded behaviour when peasants/peons are involved. but if you don't need both resources, i have an idea (complicated, yet ellegant - just like me): switch gold and lumber!

1) make a gold mine by simply taking a tree and changing its stats (change aoe spells to make sure they cant take the tree down)!
2) give that tree gold mine model and set pathing size to the appropriate size so that peons are on correct distance when "chopping" gold
3) give the tree 10000 or 20000 hit points - peons chop wood by taking down it's hp...
4) open game interface dialog in advanced menu. find the lumber icon (as displayed on top of the screen) and gold icon and swap their paths!
5) find tooltips that refer to gold and lumber in text section of game interface dialog and exchange those tooltips (for example "Not enough gold.").
6) see that all purchasable stuff in your map (weapons, potions) cost 0 gold and x lumber. (since you exchanged the icons, players won't know the difference)

ta-daa...

Level 5
I guess that would work... lol a lot of work though. Is there a trigger that can just change the wood every time it is returned to gold? Or maybe aperiodic timer? If not, I will have to do yours edge, ty for the answer.

It's actually quite simple, if you take the time to do the first gold mine in object editor, then you have all you need for the rest. Unless you want some to be bigger and what not. But that only takes one stat change.

Status
Not open for further replies.