• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with morph abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Need help with creating two types of morph zerg abilities, each for every unit:

First morph:
Morph for example: Corruptor into Cocoon, then into Brood Lord.

Second morph:
Morph for example: Zergling upgrades and changes into Zerglings with Metabolic Boost - But instead of getting an ability, I want it to morph into another unit.

Does anyone knows how to do it?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So what you are trying to say is...

Corruptor - [Uses Morph] -> Cocoon
Cocoon - [Uses Morph] -> Brood Lood

And...
Larva - [Uses Morph Zergling] -> Zergling A
Upgrade researched...
Larva - [Uses Morph Zergling] -> Zergling B

Is that right?

The first one can be done by changing the morph target into a cocoon unit and then making that cocoon unit have a morph into the Brood Lord.

The second one makes little sense. You could keep the unit the same and just alter its art and stats to reflect a change in unit type.

Level 2
So what you are trying to say is...

Corruptor - [Uses Morph] -> Cocoon
Cocoon - [Uses Morph] -> Brood Lood

And...
Larva - [Uses Morph Zergling] -> Zergling A
Upgrade researched...
Larva - [Uses Morph Zergling] -> Zergling B

Is that right?

The first one can be done by changing the morph target into a cocoon unit and then making that cocoon unit have a morph into the Brood Lord.

The second one makes little sense. You could keep the unit the same and just alter its art and stats to reflect a change in unit type.

True for the first one, but not for the second one.
I will try to be more detailed this time - I need a unit morph upgrade (like zergling and roach) that will change the unit into something else once I clicked on the button in the properly structure (without the cocoon this time)

About the info you gave me, sorry but I need a MUCH MORE detailed guidance in order to succeed. I'm not so expert in the editor...
I will be appreciate it a lot. (-:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The morph ability defines a unit change from one type to another. There is a restriction that all morphed target types can only have a certain number of abilities in total, but in that case you can try alternative methods.

Basicly...
1. Create morph ability.
2. Configure a morph in morph ability (look at the examples the editor has for Larva to Zerg Units and Zerg Unit to Burrowed Zerg Unit.
3. Add morph ability to unit you want to morph.
4. Add morph buttons to unit command card.

It really is that simple. After doing that your unit should change type.

The unit actor might not change, in that case you need to create appropriate actor events for the appropriate actors (again, you can look at the examples the editor provides as the Zerg use it heavily and even the Terran Command centre and Mother Ship Core are good examples).

If the morphed result lacks some abilities then that is a result of too many abilities on all possible morph targets. You will need to remove some abilities in this case.

Level 2
It really was that simple! I just needed to add two events for the first morph..
Thank you so much!!! you helped me complete another piece in my big game developing which will be published soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.