• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make mutalisk morph into brood lord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I try to make Mutalisks morph into Brood Lords. They do it ingame, except that a red warning message comes up and the mutalisk model gets stuck inside the brood lord.

I assume there are some problems with the animations, models or actors, and I have tried a lot of things. But I can´t find how to fix it.

Anyone knows how to make mutalisks morph into brood lords?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If you have Combine Structure Values enabled, it's the «Events +» field/tab.

You know the basics of actors? They're not just the model you see, but the interactions of (for example) the Mutalisk model with the actions of the unit; for example, the model plays its walk (fly) animation when the unit moves, or its attack animation when the unit uses its weapon.
In WarCraft III, the engine was preprogrammed for all units to play their "model"'s attack animation when the unit attacked, whereas, in StarCraft II, we're given the option to customize all of that. Go to the referred tab/field and try Muhahahahaaa's option, although I think the Mutalisk's model will still appear, since the brood lord cocoon itself is a separate unit entirely, though I'm not sure about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.