• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoning ability costs resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make an ability that summons unit(s) cost resources each time it is cast, and fail to cast if the player doesn't have enough resources pay for the casting or lacks the supply to support the summoned unit.

I realize this is a simple thing, but I am a bit of a n00b when it comes to triggers.

If you must know, this is for the Leviathan's "Spawn Mutalisk" and "Spawn Brood Lord" abilities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Level 3
Thank you, Dr Super Good, that was what I was looking for.

Turns out it was the "Technology Resource" field I wanted to modify.

Doesn't prevent it from casting if you don't have enough supply, though.

Any ideas on that?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A validator.... Its a data type (apparently you have not looked through more than a few data types).

They are used to create conditions. Eg a validator can restrict the number of larve that spawn at a hive, when the immortal's hardened shield activates, all kinds of stuff.

Requirements are simlar to validators, but are different. A requirement has the facility to visually explain why something can not be done (eg, the interceptor train ability has a requirement which will say stuff like can not have more than 8 per carrier). I believe all requirements will compile the nescescary validators to work.

Level 3
A validator.... Its a data type (apparently you have not looked through more than a few data types).

They are used to create conditions. Eg a validator can restrict the number of larve that spawn at a hive, when the immortal's hardened shield activates, all kinds of stuff.

Requirements are simlar to validators, but are different. A requirement has the facility to visually explain why something can not be done (eg, the interceptor train ability has a requirement which will say stuff like can not have more than 8 per carrier). I believe all requirements will compile the nescescary validators to work.

OK...

Except I cannot find a "validator" field to apply said supply issue.

Sorry if I seem like a dunce, but I have a very poor understanding of HOW to modify even fairly "basic" advanced functions like validators, requirements and triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.