• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't get my map changes to work - Please help - For the Zerg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out where I am going wrong. I'm trying to edit a Blizzard Map to incorporate some changes to the Zerg race. The map is Scrap Station which I have renamed.

These are the things that I tried to do:

- Remove Lair as a requirement for Infestation Pit

I did this by changing the Build ability on the drone - Zerg Build (Drone Morph Unit) Drone -> Zerg Building)). I changed the requirement for Infestation Pit from Lair to Spawning Pool (and didn't touch anything else). I then deleted the old place from the Command Card (3rd level) and added a new one to the 2nd level (2nd row, 4th column).

Problem:
When I go into game I can see the pit where I want it to be, but I can't build it and it doesn't show cost or build time information on it.

- Make 4 Zerglings per larvae for 100 Cost.

I did this by changing the supply cost of the zergling unit from .50 to .25. I then went to the Larva unit and modified the LarvaTrain (Larva - Morph Unit ( Larva -> Basic) ability, by selecting the ability mapped to Zergling (e_abilTrainCmdTrain2) and increasing the number in the info unit section from 2 to 4.

Problem:
Zerglings are still listed as 50 minerals in the card (they should be 100 minerals), and it still only spawns 2.

Please help me.

Thanks,
LiquidJ

Level 1
So this seems like more first of many instances with a bug within the Editor. Everything worked fine when I closed the editor and reloaded my map.

Now...Who knows about creep spawning? I want to increase the range and rate at which creep is created.

Status
Not open for further replies.