• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with model exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.

Ok. Here's the thing:

I made a model, right here:

model.bmp - FileFront.com

But when I exported it from 3D Max 5 using Warcraft II Art Tools message came up: "The following geometric objects have no material", I got two files; one is .MDX format and the other one was called "white.blp".

And when I tried to import it into the Warcraft III Map Editor, in the preview I got this:

modelwar.bmp - FileFront.com

What's up?

Level 7
First thing:

a) For pictures, no one is going to go to filefront, and download them - host it using photobucket or something of the sort.

b) I know nothing about that old of a version of max

c) If it's saying no objects have a material, hit "M" and assign one to it. After you've UV'ed of course.

Level 3
In 3D Max 5:
Picture 1

In Warcraft III, after exporting:
Picture 2
First thing:

a) For pictures, no one is going to go to filefront, and download them - host it using photobucket or something of the sort.

b) I know nothing about that old of a version of max

c) If it's saying no objects have a material, hit "M" and assign one to it. After you've UV'ed of course.

a)Nice idea

b)If you don't then do NOT troll. I actually don't give a rats ass what you dont know about it.

c)What you're trying to say is that every object has to have atleast 1 material applied to it?

So, what's up?

Level 25
In 3D Max 5:
Picture 1

In Warcraft III, after exporting:
Picture 2

a)Nice idea

b)If you don't then do NOT troll. I actually don't give a rats ass what you dont know about it.

c)What you're trying to say is that every object has to have atleast 1 material applied to it?

So, what's up?

hi, i recommend you to read art tools documentation before you start modeling

and if you need any help about that PM me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.