• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import/Export in max 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I know that the Warcraft 3 art tools don't work with max 7, or max 6 for that matter. Is there any way to get around this? I have 7, and I'd like to be able to utilize the tools. I used to have max 5, and remember all the stuff like the preview tool that would show animations, and all the model export tools. Is there anything that comes close for 3d modellers who use max 7/6, or is it simply that you need 5 or 4 if you want to model in warcraft 3?

Level 3
Suprisingly no. Well, from Max 5, I've never used 4. It shares many similarities. Is there ANY way to get around this? Other tools? It doesn't have to be that I'm importing Wc3 models to edit, I just need the essentials. And, I didn't break out 3000 bucks to model for Warcraft 3, I can use it for many other features, such as the many other games out there, graphic design, special effects in 3d vids, etc. Being able to make a few wc3 models for my map like ye olde days, thats what I'm trying to do here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.