• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright I've started a map, I'm going to be making a medium sized lake, but enough about the details of it. Here's my problem: I want to make the lake look realistic, and just putting water cliffs doesn't look good, I also don't want to make a rectangle then just ramp up the sides, I want to make it organic looking. But thing is I started the map with initiative cliff level at 2, and water level at none. I did this because I didn't think I was going to need to the lake. So now I need to know if there's a way I can do this with out having to start a new map, because well, I've gotten pretty far in it already. And thanks in advance for the help!

Level 9
Target every doodad/unit on the map by pressing down the left mouse wheel in one corner of the map to the other, and when you got everything marked you press Ctrl+X, make a new map with same size but with Shallow Water and then paste it there.

Only solution I can come up with.

1. Get the MiscData.txt File from the Sticky (I think) in this board (Implementation details included I think, otherwise just put it in you UI Folder)

2. Put shallow/deep water in your map where you want the lake to be

3. Then cover it up by using "Increase 1/2" so that it is at the level before the shallow/deep water was there

4. Go to (I think) Advanced | Enforce Water Height Limits and click it (I think it should be uncheckmarked)

5. Finally, lower the area with the deep/shallow water to have smooth and perfect water! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.