• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lake with cave in center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is just something i thought of to make, thought it turned out real well. Its a lake with a cave in the center.

Attachments

• fireflies.jpg
    fireflies.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 2,666
  • fireflies2.jpg
    fireflies2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 682
Level 34
Looks pretty good. I don't like how you made the cave look dark (is that just raised dirt? Or a brown model?).

Blizz cliffs... bleh..

Level 6

i chose those screen shots out of several shots that i took because i thought they showed the best perspective view so you could get the idea what was around the lake.

as for the cave, it is just raised dirt (not cliffs), and the black part (entrance) is just the boundary tile. if you got some tips to make the cave entrance to look more real please share.

If i were to actually make a map with this i would also cut down on the many many doodads i used.

Level 34
Oh, I see. I really don't like that raised ground. Is it supposed to be a small opening?

Level 34
I like the little island, other than that it's not all that great. You have a ton of open space, either terrain it, or cut it off in your screen shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.