• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with "call to arms"- custom ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello Community :),

Iam currently creating some small custom spells for a map.
And I am nowhere near experienced in professional Map-Design, so I have to ask some "newb" questions :p

The first one is this one: I want to create an ability where a unit can summon 2 peasants, so far so good

but this unit also has to be able to use the town hall call to arms, to upgrade these peasants for a short period of time. I have no idea how to do this effectively.

Iam sure somebody here can help me with this :)
Thanks in advance!

Level 7
mhh the problem is I don't know which ability I can use to summon 2 Peasants/ e.g. when I use Spirit Wolves with Peasant-Models, they won't react to call to arms, since they are not registered as Peasants...so how i can use a summon to summon 2 peasants? And yeah without castle if possible.

Thing is, I gave the unit who shall be able to cast this ability call to arms, but the summoned units won't react since they are no "real" peasants and just use the Peasant-Model

Level 7
so i finally got it somewhat to work, but there's a major problem...
After the call to arms time runs out, when the militia turns back into workers...the game crashes :wconfused:

Maybe you could help out with that again... appreciated

Level 7
Thank you so much, it really helped :3

But as you could guess, there are more issues....
1. The call to arms ability does not have a cooldown eventhough I gave one to it
2. After the militia turns back to workers they have the building symbol eventhough I deleted any possible building-option. They only have the hammer after returning back from being militias,no buildings are in it, only the symbol annoys me...

Status
Not open for further replies.