• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Autocast effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello broskis. So today i managed to do something i never thought would happen, i managed to create a working Button in vJass outside of the UI. im absolutely ecstatic but most of vJass is still alien to me, im an absolute beginner so if anyone could tell me how to do this, i would appreciate a lot. So here is my thing, i have this button here above the UI that when clicked, selects a Shop that's on the left. The shop can also be manually selected. So what i want is that whenever this shop is selected, i would like the Autocast thing to spin around the UI button, but only for player1 (and then own for player2 3 4)
i understand it will probably involve something like this:

private string IndicatorPathPick = "UI\\Feedback\\Autocast\\UI-ModalButtonOn.mdl"

but i have no clue how to path it to the specific place so yeah. Basically what i want is
Event: Unit is selected
Condition: Selected unit = Shop
Condition: Owned by Player1
This part i can do myself, the action of displaying the Autocast on the button and then when its unselected destroying that effect, is what im struggling with.
I need this done on 2 diffirent buttons, but both do the same thing, select a building, so its the same principle
Here is how the UI looks in game (don't mind the green placeholders, i haven't imported the icons yet)
zwjXE2C.png

Thanks in advance dudes

Status
Not open for further replies.