• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Need help with a Save/Load trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need someone to make me a save/load trigger, since I don't know much about coding.

I will give credit to anyone that does help me.

Level 19
Level 2
I still dont understand any of this.

What is the type of the Save and SaveCount variables?
And what are the parts that are written and not setup as triggers?
I asked someone to make me a save/load trigger because I don't understand any type of JASS or anything like that.

Level 31
The map I sent you doesn't have any programming in it until the end. It's all math..

I doubt u even ran the map.

edit
Also, just a few things

#1: good save/load can't be made in GUI. It's impossible.
#2: good save/load takes a very long time to do. All of the items in your map have to be listed out with their various conditions for equipment, all of your heroes have to be listed out, etc, etc. You also have to provide all of your maximums, like max gold that can be saved, hero count, item count, and so on.

Before you can even ask for help, you need to provide the necessary information.

No, someone isn't going to go through your map and try to figure out what items you are actually using in it. They also aren't going to try and figure out the conditions for equipping said items. You need to tell them.

So go ahead and make your list and then you will likely have better luck finding people willing to help : ).

Otherwise, you can always learn about save/load yourself and do it all on your own ^_^.

Level 17
The map I sent you doesn't have any programming in it until the end. It's all math..

I doubt u even ran the map.

edit
Also, just a few things

#2: good save/load takes a very long time to do. All of the items in your map have to be listed out with their various conditions for equipment, all of your heroes have to be listed out, etc, etc. You also have to provide all of your maximums, like max gold that can be saved, hero count, item count, and so on.

Before you can even ask for help, you need to provide the necessary information.

No, someone isn't going to go through your map and try to figure out what items you are actually using in it. They also aren't going to try and figure out the conditions for equipping said items. You need to tell them.

So go ahead and make your list and then you will likely have better luck finding people willing to help : ).

Otherwise, you can always learn about save/load yourself and do it all on your own ^_^.

there is the problem when the hero can use any item or most of item and condition is less and less

Level 28
A bad GUI save/load, such as the age-old AceHart save/load, or Neostorm's save/load(*) does not drain that much time.
If you're only starting out with mapping, then I suggest you use one of those. I don't think you can find save/load-systems easier than those. If you still do not understand them, you will have to forget about it for now.

(*) I don't really have a link for Neostorm's system here because it existed on a site that predates the hive workshop and doesn't exist anymore.
I have, however, used this system in one of my own maps (very long time ago), so I can probably extract those triggers.

They're not the best, but they do the job pretty much the same way a Fossil-fuel power station produces energy (cheap-ass and not good, but it does create energy).

Status
Not open for further replies.