• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help reparing unholy frenzy trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so i want to make the death knight conersion to also give a buff of atack speed,for that purpose i tried making an simple trigger that adds the unholy frenzy to the target for god knows the reason it doesnt work.

• Sacrificial Berserk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sacrificial Berserk
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc41 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at TempLoc41 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Unholy Frenzy to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Unholy Frenzy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Sacrificial Berserk for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Triggering unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc41)
Anyone got a tip on something im doing bad? Thanks in advance.

Level 25
Place some random unit in the game, add the ability to that unit. Check the ability ingame. Maybe you have something set up incorrectly in object editor (e.g. requirement, targets allowed, mana cost, ...)

Other thing may be in the dummy itself. By default, dummy should have no movement speed and Animation - Cast Point set to 0. This will allow the dummy to immediately cast the spell without turning to face the target.
The thing may be that the dummy tries to face the triggering unit and cast the spell, but does not make it in that 1 second (then timer expires and the dummy dies)

Level 3
@nichilus everything is set correctly the spell has no special requirement ,the targes allowed are organic,fly,ground and also mana cost is no issue since my dummy has 2k mana.
Has no turn around because it casts other spells but it seems it doesnt want to cast this one.

@daffa the mage what do you mean by erasing the dummy spell's mana cost? my dummy has mana to cast any spell so i dont have to remove the unholy's frenzy mana cost.

Level 3
Yes ,to be more specific to a footman and it works fine,i think it might be the dummy but i dont know exactly where since i had this problem with a spell but just waved it off on the premise that the dummy couldnt handle it.

Besides the animation cast point 0,movement speed,no art etc all the normal stats a dummy should have is there something not so obvious that might make my dummy not work?

EDIT : In a rampage of mine (mostly of hatred because i spent 2 days burning my brain on this trigger)i decided to modifiy all the values of my used dummy to 0 ,negative,non existent all with the exception of the abbility locust and mana initial amount maximum amount.

Now the trigger fairly works i have no ideea what was wrong but it was indeed within my dummy thx appreciated and kudos to all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.