• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help on cosplay for Tifa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
supertoinkz is correct about the boots, though a little substitution won't hurt as long as they're suitable. And I think those shoes will certainly make you look at least 1-2cm taller. Just make sure you're comfortable with the shoes and posing in them. I trust no problems with the rest of the outfit?

Level 4
she uses sneakers that look a bit like boots, doesn't she?
it looks similar to converse shoes

Level 4
Advent Children, i like that outfit more because my nipples won't show and i don't want people staring at me. lol
sorry for being fussy, but yeah the FF7 ones were brown boots if i remember correctly.
thanks for the advice.

Tifa_Lockheart_Final_Fantasy_7_Advent_Children.JPG

they both look similar enough. only hardcore otakus will be able to spot the differance imo

Level 35
Now then: Leena, you'd be surprised at the sheer audacity of the idea, that Tifa is a girl, and therefore, would have more than one pair of shoe. ;)

The boots are similar enough that they shouldn't be a problem, especially with the ribbon.

(not a sexist opinion, but one that can make logical sense if you have to deal with an idiot)

A ribbon is especially a nice touch in any case. You might remove the laces entirely and go over most of the boot with black cloth. If you have the skills for that-that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
This reminds me of the one magazine I read, "gamesmaster" where they had photos of the one event and listed the most impressive/well done constumes.

Anyway, I thought she as a videogame character was absolutly tiny, (5ft about?) like all FF heroes, even cloud as they are modeled for the japense community where most people do not exceed that well when it comes to body height. Considering most people have only ever seen a 2D representation of the characters (even though she was in 3D the game is still displayed in 2D), who cares how big you are aslong as your proportions match as I garuntee you that 97% of people who played the game would not tell you are the wrong height as there is nothing in the game for them to base their height judgements on.

Generally people guess these characters are about their height, eg I think they are around 6 ft. Thus as long as you are not abnormall in the size department few people will even notice that you may be the wrong size.

What is important however is you get the right colour tan / hair / makeup as those are usually important for final fantasy characters. However I only know this character from final fantasy 7, which as you guess is so old its hard to even tell they are human.

Level 4
Thanks everyone for their advice, i don't like posting my pictures on a public forums but Squiggy seems to dislike me so i guess i have to...

Ln099-1.jpg

I took this picture of myself outside in my backyard, and if anyone is wondering what that is, i am sitting on a hammock.
Anyways lets all attack Squiggy :hohum::hohum::hohum:

Level 7
I swear, he's closed so many threads, It's not even funny. I don't know what kind of guy he is, but if you ask me, he should find something better to do.

Level 11
Thanks everyone for their advice, i don't like posting my pictures on a public forums but Squiggy seems to dislike me so i guess i have to...

Ln099-1.jpg

I took this picture of myself outside in my backyard, and if anyone is wondering what that is, i am sitting on a hammock.
Anyways lets all attack Squiggy :hohum::hohum::hohum:

cute face
and yea bombard squiggy with everything you got girl. Kill him, murderify him, humiliate him!

Level 4
No offense, leena, but around here we don't get many female visitors so we tend to be wary of trolls.

Taking a picture of yourself holding a sign with the site's address or something to prove who you are would be nice.

i won't put the site's address but i will do something more worth while, you will see tomorrow.
i left my camera at work so i will need to pick it up tomorrow and whats wrong with trolls?
Can't there be female trolls too? anyways, i would say they are cute. :gg:

And
Thanks to Dr. Super Good for the advice/information.
(I don't want to double post, so i am just going to pop it under this)

"This reminds me of the one magazine I read, "gamesmaster" where they had photos of the one event and listed the most impressive/well done constumes.

Anyway, I thought she as a videogame character was absolutly tiny, (5ft about?) like all FF heroes, even cloud as they are modeled for the japense community where most people do not exceed that well when it comes to body height. Considering most people have only ever seen a 2D representation of the characters (even though she was in 3D the game is still displayed in 2D), who cares how big you are aslong as your proportions match as I garuntee you that 97% of people who played the game would not tell you are the wrong height as there is nothing in the game for them to base their height judgements on.

Generally people guess these characters are about their height, eg I think they are around 6 ft. Thus as long as you are not abnormall in the size department few people will even notice that you may be the wrong size.

What is important however is you get the right colour tan / hair / makeup as those are usually important for final fantasy characters. However I only know this character from final fantasy 7, which as you guess is so old its hard to even tell they are human.''

Level 17
I don't get the 'trolling' accusations. Asking if some boots match a Cosplay outfit isn't really trolling, even if she isn't what she says she is.

Also, I think the "black ribbons" are just shoe laces. But you know how anime characters have everything oversized? Yeah...

Everything.

Level 11
No, I'm not accusing anyone of trolling. It's just that I know people who wouldn't be ashamed at making an account and pretend to be a girl. I don't really care all that much, and it's not a rule that you have to prove you're not a guy (that would just be silly), I'm just a bit cautious.

Cause if she was girl then....

she would destroy the universe?

DAM YOU DAM YOU, YOU BLEW IT UP!

Level 11
No, we are ambushing Squiggy together......:mwahaha::mwahaha:

dsaleena.jpg

Great job, look what you did! :thumbs_down: You gave him a heart attack! First time hes seen a girl. lmao.

This threads gona get like 100 hits overnight, I could see it now in the chatroom: Omg we have a REAL GIRL who likes to PLAY GAMES on the INTERNET! THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!

I lolz.

Good pic, though.

Level 4
Great job, look what you did! :thumbs_down: You gave him a heart attack! First time hes seen a girl. lmao.

This threads gona get like 100 hits overnight, I could see it now in the chatroom: Omg we have a REAL GIRL who likes to PLAY GAMES on the INTERNET! THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!

I lolz.

Good pic, though.

Thank you, i don't care what people think of me, games are fun!
I still think Squiggy is cool. :grin:

And it took me ages to take a picture that would actually fit the words in..........

Level 17
nah, i want him to see it clearly :grin:
oh and i don't think my face shape would match Tifa -.-''.

I think it will, at least much better than most Tifa cosplayers i've seen. You definetly seem to have the right haircut. And your own appearance isn't really something you could(or at least should) change just for cosplaying :xxd:

I'd love to see the finished cosplay outfit later :cute:

<- Into cosplaying

Level 4
I think it will, at least much better than most Tifa cosplayers i've seen. You definetly seem to have the right haircut. And your own appearance isn't really something you could(or at least should) change just for cosplaying :xxd:

I'd love to see the finished cosplay outfit later :cute:

<- Into cosplaying

ha-ha you think so? i've always had my hair similar to hers, she is my favourite character :xxd:
And i don't mind sharing photos when i am finished :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.