• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Interested in pre-ordering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-ordering Starcraft 2

Interested in pre-ordering Starcraft 2?
Well, i have seen lots of people having trouble pre-ordering.

So. These are websites you can pre-order from.

If i were you, i would order from Amazon. It uses paypal, and it's the best website in my opinion. Well, i am gonna order from it when i get a bank account... Also, i believe it's the only site to pre-order for Europe players.

Amazon Europe Collector's Edition

Amazon Europe Normal

Amazon US Collector's edition

Amazon US Normal

WalMart.jpg
WalMart US Only(correct me if i am wrong)

You can also find more US stores here.
Preordering Sites

Level 11
I am not interested in preordering until I think product is worth money for me.

ATM, there are some bnet 2.0 things that people dislike.
There is no modding support = no model importing tool.

I'll buy after I see how all this plays out.

I hope they wont ruin SC2 and Diablo III.
Tho SC2 might be fine, but without modding wont be that popular as Wc3 was/is.

Level 2
Pre-ordering makes a lot of sense when it comes to limited editions. I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Amazon, and now they seem to be sold out.

There's not a lot of copies of the CE sold in Iceland, so pre-ordering is the safest option.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Collectors editions are different, as most vendors do not even stock them nowdays. However generally most people will not want the collectors edition.

But especially since so many people are preordering games nowdays, shops almost never run out of stock for your standard games and if you are near a shop anyway, you can sometimes pick up the game cheaper (some shops run special introductary offers on new games just released).

Level 11
Pre-order is stupid IMO. Its only used for bad games, so games can sell bad games before people try it.

They dont have anything from that money anyway... They will get it few months later. I dont think this is that important.

OH ACTUALLY IS.

Pre-ordering is guilty for unfinished games. Including SC2. Companies get money from-pre ordering and then they continue finishing the game, releasing that in DLC's and content patches.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Pre ordering started by games starting to be so popular that some outlets would physically run out of stock so to garuntee yourself a copy of a game on release date, you could just pre order it and it will eithor garuntee you a copy in a shop, or even be delivered to your door.

However people started to pre order more and more, to such an extent that nowdays it is near impossible for a popular game to run out of stock. The closest recently that I know about were the pokemons soul silver / gold whatever (heart gold), which nearly ran out of stock at local super markets due to to the reduced order intake (they were much larger packaged than normal DS games) and high demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.