• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help, my model have issues in WcIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone! I'm just getting into 3 moddeling and for baby steps I've started by taking a weapon from a WCIII Model (Uther's Hammer) and use it to replace another model's weapon (inserted the hammer into "TheCaptain", removing his sword first).

As far as Mago's Model Editor, everything looks exactly how I wanted. I even added some alpha geoset animation so the hammer goes away with the rest of the body when it the decay animation plays. I also added a camera to act as a "portrait".

When I import it to a map, two things happen:
1 - The model editor fails to "import" the mdl. I mean, I import it, add it to a unit but the model cannot be display. Sure, just reset the World Editor, right? But when I do, it still displays the couldn't not import model message.
2 - When I launch the map in the actual Warcraft III, the Model is there but with not the hammer I added to it.

Pretty sad because the changes looks fine at the model editor. I suppose the model could've been corrupted, but I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I did check for Geoset animations without Geoset ID but it's all good there.

I'm attaching the file so that any model expert could take a quick look and perhaps they could figure out what I am missing.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• SilverHandRecruit.mdl
    346.2 KB · Views: 42

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Always import mdx files, not mdl files. Mdl files usually only cause trouble when imported to a wc3 map.

Try converting it to mdx with Magos and see whether it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.