• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help making a morphing Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I'm working on a map set in warcraft III's future and I want to make a custom model for it. I want to make a tank similar to the siege tank in starcraft in that it can morph into a turret and attack enemy units. I already have a general idea for it but I have no clue on how to make the turret part of the tank follow the unit it is targeting. Im currently using Magos editor but I dont see a setting for it anywhere on some models that already have such a feature. Can anyone help me.

Either what is the setting for magos, Do I need a different program, or is there some way I can do this in Notepad?

Any help would be appreciated:thumbs_up:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
it works with everything static as far as I know (and I think it works with units too, but you wouldn't notice it since the units face their target when attacking anyway), and since he wants to make a turret I think it'll work.

Level 26
nah itl just be a tank like in Starcraft, itl be a normalk tank, then morph into a turret, expect to see it soon though, or at least as soon as someone explains what to do with Hermite and Bezier rotation... I wanna make the treads rotate, if anyone can help please respond on my other thread i would really appreciate any and all of your help

Level 26
No you mistake me mr. TDR, im going to animate the treads (texture animation) for it's walk animation but i want to make the entire tread piece (geoset) rotate so itl look like it is pushing the tank up on a quadraped. so itl almost be like the treads turn into legs to stand on. the tank, like in star craft, will turn into a turret. but i dont know how to rotate bones in magos, because i dont know how Hermite, Bezier, or Linear coorespond to the rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.